• Welcome to the Framer's Corner Forum, hosted by the Professional Picture Framers Association. (PPFA)
    You will have to register a free account, before you can SEARCH or access the system. If you have already registered, please LOG IN
    If you have already registered, but can't remember your password, CLICK HERE to reset it.

PPFA Wikipedia page

I changed it back to more like what I had originally written:

The designations Certified Picture Framer, CPF and MCPF are all registered trademarks in the United States.

If someone can show that "Mater Certified Picture Framer" is a registered trademark, the previous wording is easier to read and would be preferable IMO.

Here are some additional things we should do.

1. We have 27 chapters, but only 23 are listed. Please check if your chapter is listed and if it's correct.

2. If there are more chapter webpages, here is how you can add links:

An example of Metro Atlantic

Metro Atlantic <ref>http://metroatlanticppfa.com/</ref>

3. It would be a good idea to put link to Wikipedia page on chapter websites. It doesn't matter where, and you can make it as small or large as you like.

Here are some additional things we should do.

1. We have 27 chapters, but only 23 are listed. Please check if your chapter is listed and if it's correct.

The Heartland Chapter and Indiana chapter are listed on the same line. This is where you are missing a chapter.

There are a couple that have name changes but have not been updated on the PPFA website as of yet. And the San Diego chapter dissolved so it will need to be removed.

I made a couple changes to the Chapter list. I hope I did it correctly. There is one chapter I want to verify the name change on as they are still working on the formalization. Once that is complete we can change it.

Thanks Robin

I made a couple changes to the Chapter list. I hope I did it correctly. There is one chapter I want to verify the name change on as they are still working on the formalization. Once that is complete we can change it.

Thanks Robin

Thank you so much!

Professional_Picture_Framers_Association page has been viewed 675 times since October 4th.

Could anyone please add references?

History

This section does not cite any references or sources. Please help improve this section by adding citations to reliable sources. Unsourced material may be challenged and removed. (October 2013)

• Established in 1973 with offices in Richmond, Virginia
  • The first Print Competition was held in 1980
  • Launched the Certified Picture Framer certification program in 1986
  • Launched the Master Certified Picture Framer certification program in 1995
  • Became part of the Photo Marketing Association in 2000
  • The current president of the PPFA is John Pruitt, CPF

Mira contact Paul Fredrick for PPFA History. He was one of the Founders. I am not sure he is on this forum, if not he needs to be but he is on FB. He just had a birthday a few weeks ago.

According to Wikipedia "The Association currently represents over 3600 member businesses." So far we had a hand full of members who were willing to contribute. In order to make this page strong and be at the top of search engines we need more unique user edits.

In the past 21 days this page had 760 visitors. If more people get engaged we would all benefit. Addressing third party references is the most important. If you know of any links or are willing to spend some time looking and searching the internet would be quite beneficial.

Username
# of edits
Mbboston (c) 110
122.61.206.221 (c) 15
Dovid (c) 11
125.239.22.72 (c) 8
Claudekitty (c) 4
Deli nk (c) 3
24.61.149.171 (c) 3
Dwaldmann (c) 3
98.217.56.235 (c) 3
PamD (c) 3
CommonsDelinker (c) 2
Yobot (c) 2
Rhody401 (c) 2

Here is an example how to add references:

PPFA has 26 chapters:[SUP][20][/SUP]

This is how it looks in the edit field. The website is in between <ref>, number 20 will be displayed automatically.
PPFA has 26 chapters:<ref>PPFA Chapters http://www.pmai.org/PPFAContent.aspx?id=20493</ref>

On August 21, 1971, seven retail picture framers - Rick Benson, Paul Frederick, Jack Grimes, Lloyd Hightower, Dean Philips, Dale Provence and Don Taylor - signed the incorporating documents that created the Professional Picture Framers Association... ...The association's founders were joined by 59 other individuals as charter members of PPFA: (list of all names)

This is from the 2003-04 copy of PPFA's Who's Who.. I had an earlier 1979 copy that I think I may have given to John Redmond (PPFA Staff).

The corporation was originally set up in California and later moved to Richmond, VA...

• 1970 - First chapter established in Northern California
  • 1971 - The first PPFA convention is held in Burlingame, California
  • 1971 - First framing competition was held
  • 1973 - National office establish in Virginia

I have a list of all the framing competition winners from 1971 Burlingame, CA (Print) - 1st Del Schwictenberg; Vallejo Frame & Art, Valejo, CA

Mira... let me know what I can do to help.

John

(member since 1978.... entered the framing competition in 1980 in Chicago and recall that it existed prior to that time, as all of the winners were on display at an Anniversary Convention a few years later.)

Back