• Welcome to the Framer's Corner Forum, hosted by the Professional Picture Framers Association. (PPFA)
    You will have to register a free account, before you can SEARCH or access the system. If you have already registered, please LOG IN
    If you have already registered, but can't remember your password, CLICK HERE to reset it.

PPFA Wikipedia page

Mira Bishop

Frequent Poster
Company
Oliver Brothers Custom Framing
As of this morning our Wikipedia page is live.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Professional_Picture_Framers_Association

It is important to have edits by different unique users in order to get rid of banners at the top. Please don't put individual shop links, this could compromise "notability" of the page and links will be deleted same day by Wiki police. Any link is a red flag and Wiki staff checks that immediately.

Here is what you can do:
1. Sign up and create wiki account
2. Edit PPFA page, here is a link how to: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Cheatsheet
3. Make small edits, a sentence at the time.

If 20-30 people do this in a month or so we will have an established page ready for links like "find a picture framer".

I started with this project on April 25th 2012. It is difficult to have any page approved and published. I went back and fourth with several Wiki people numerous times. I had short and long version and nothing was good enough.

It will take a while for search engines to take a note of the page, but when they do it will be in the top searches for any framing related key words. Therefore, please start with editing.

I don't own the page, anyone can edit Wiki. (I am only the creator)

If you have trouble, please ask me. Please send me your edit and I could guide you or send you the code you can paste in the text body.

Mira

Hey, I just made a small change.
Added Certified Picture Framer and MCPF qualifications. Anyone not happy with that addition can change it again.

:thumb:

Thank you! That is what Wiki is all about. It wasn't that hard. Someone else can name countries where the chapters are. Another person can name US chapters.

Please don't use text already published on internet, paraphrasing works much better.

So far only three people have responded and did edits. Thank you!

This is our chance to be at the top in internet searches, ahead of Michaels and such. We are fighting exceptionally large IT departments with millions of dollars in advertising budgets. We can get ahead of them by power of numbers, if our people edit this Wikipedia page. Whenever you search for anything on the net you would get a wiki page at the top of the first page. How many Wikipedia pages have you visited so far? We can be that top for any custom framing key words searches. Please take this very seriously. You can all invest 10-15 minutes and help independent frame shops.

I feel very strongly about fighting BB’s. We have so much more to offer: crafts, service and knowledge. I will help anyone and guide you if you can’t figure out your way around Wiki. Please email me at mira@oliverbrothersframes.com or call my cell at 617-901-3772.

Thanks!

Thank you for working so hard on this Mira. It looks great. I am thinking about what else should be added.

Can we add a brief description of certification, education, and competitions? If so should it only be a sentence or two at a time? I'm not real computer savy so sorry for the questions!

Robin

Hi Robin,

You can add a sentence or a paragraph, whatever you think would benefit the article.

Wiki #1 rule is neutrality, so it should be factual. Eventually we should have all those topics (certification, education, and competitions). Whatever you feel comfortable with, any of these topics are great. Thank you so much!

I made a couple changes two days ago, as well. I added registered trademark symbols after the professional designations, and added external links for this forum and findapictureframer.com

I made a couple changes two days ago, as well. I added registered trademark symbols after the professional designations, and added external links for this forum and findapictureframer.com
Well, now I know your Wiki nick!
Thanks all and please keep adding relevant info. The stronger the page the better.

To All,

There are two images just deleted from the page by Wikipedia staff. This is due to me downloading images from the internet. If anyone has "Guidelines for framing Textiles and Needlework" either scan or a original photo please email it to me and I will re post. This is a great cover page and it would be nice to have it there. I have the booklet in my shop, but I will not be there until Tuesday. There is one image left, Marty's frames I took in Vegas two years ago, so this one will stay (unless we have something better). It is good to have nice photos. Photos must be original work and not published before.

Several months ago I inserted PPFA logo and got a note that I need a permission from the PPFA board. I can get that but downloading image with board's permission is complicated and time consuming.

Here are the notes wiki police left:

1. "PPFA_Guidelines_for_Framing_Textiles_and_Needlework.jpg", it has been deleted from Commons by Hedwig in Washington because: Copyright violation: Web page this image is taken from clearly...

2. "(Removing "2012-2013_PRINT_Competition_Piece.jpg", it has been deleted from Commons by Edgar181 because: Copyright violation, found elsewhere on the web and unlikely to be own work: (permission must...)

These are deleted images:

PPFA 2012-2013.jpg PPFA Guidelines for framing textiles and needlework.jpg

These links are also gone:

Please don't put any more links until the page is established. This will take some time and many more edits. New wiki pages are watched closely. Any external links are "red flags".

We will get there as long as we have many more unique users or many edits from different IP addresses.

Any external link will be automatically assigned to wiki police for check-up. All external links are viewed as possible self promotion.
And who is Wiki Police- I never met any but from what I heard, young people who are for free doing the right thing (keeping it neutral and encyclopedia like).

To All,

Tbefore.

Several months ago I inserted PPFA logo and got a note that I need a permission from the PPFA board. I can get that but downloading image with board's permission is complicated and time consuming.

What do you need from the board? Do we need to fill out something or email someone?

Back