• Welcome to the Framer's Corner Forum, hosted by the Professional Picture Framers Association. (PPFA)
    You will have to register a free account, before you can SEARCH or access the system. If you have already registered, please LOG IN
    If you have already registered, but can't remember your password, CLICK HERE to reset it.

Vietnam vet frame

Ormond Williams MCPF

Lifetime PPFA Member
Master Certified Picture Framer®
Company
Ormond's Framing
Framed memories for a Vietnam vet.
Certifcate, replica medal set, badges and photo. We restored the photo, which was badly faded and had scratches and lines on it and had been laminated badly.

VietnamMedals03.jpg

Glad to see a Vietnam Vet surface.....very nice!~
Not many Vietnam Vets do their stuff up. I have my Vietnam stuff framed as an example in the store. Even when they see that 90% don't bring their stuff in. Guess it is a time most of us want to forget about.
If he has not picked it up yet Tell him Semper Fi from a US Marine.

James,
I also did another frame that contained some precious photos, which I restored. I didn't take a photo of that one!
These were picked up an paid for within 24 hours of completion. I love customers like that!

It was his family who organised this for the vet. I discovered that he has been wearing only three of the medals he is entitled to on Anzac day, and they were in the wrong order. That's also been put right!

He is an Aussie vet and those latin terms seem to be unique to USA.

Dear Ormond, The reason Uncle Sam's Misguided Children use Latin terms is they have trouble speaking American, except for their DI's. FYI from a Army Infantry 1st Cavalry vet Republic of Vietnam. No reason not to be proud to serve the US and Australia. Met a couple of Aussies while in country---GREAT GUYS!!!

Great work Ormond - very nice design. Also glad to hear you put things in the proper order for him!
These Vietnam era guys don't surface too often around here either, but when they do, they're usually real characters!

Cheers -

Joyce

Back