• Welcome to the Framer's Corner Forum, hosted by the Professional Picture Framers Association. (PPFA)
    You will have to register a free account, before you can SEARCH or access the system. If you have already registered, please LOG IN
    If you have already registered, but can't remember your password, CLICK HERE to reset it.

Nelson's Moulding & Great Lakes PPFA Framing Competitions!

Randy Parrish CPF

Frequent Poster
Certified Picture Framer®
Company
Parrish Fine Framing
13TH Annual Educational Seminar @ Nelsons Moulding and Frame

April 28-29 in Traverse City Mi. Join us for and exciting two-day event in picturesque Traverse City Michigan! The Great Lakes PPFA will be offering the CPF Exam on Saturday and meeting scheduled for Sunday and both the PRINT and OPEN Picture Framing Competitions.

Nelson’s Moulding and Frame is hosting some great framing classes.
“Shadowbox Mounting: Can you Frame THIS?” By Patrice Marquart CPF
“Assembly Options for Shadowboxes and Floating Frames” By Tim Sykora
“Two-sides Mouldings” By Jill Plamper
“Textiles: Identification and Mounting” By Joyce Micheals MCPF

Call Nelson’s Moulding and Frame for more info @ 1-800-289-2467

2012-2013 Regional Framing Competitions!
The Great Lakes PPFA and Nelson’s are teaming up to bring you
The Open and PRINT Competitions

Both the PRINT Framing Competition and OPEN Framing
Competition are held at the chapter level. For advancement to the International PRINT Framing Competition, entrants must first pre-qualify by winning 1st, 2nd, 3rd, or Honorable Mention at their Chapter PRINT Framing Competition to participate.

The PRINTCompetition is a chapter level (GLPPFA) framing competition.
For this category, preservation standards shall be a priority, treating the piece of art as priceless. PRINT competition items shall be selected with specific challenges behind them to test the entrant’s knowledge and abilities. The PRINT chosen for the 2012-2013 competition year is the “Petroglyph / Rock Art” by artist Ron York. Ron is part Creek Indian (also known as Muscogee), and although these Native American people are traditionally from the southeastern United States, Petroglyphs (also called rock engravings) are images created by carving, engraving, incising or abrading the surface
of a rock. This years print is available through Nelson’s Moulding and Framing and the Great Lakes PPFA for more info Email us atgreatlakes_ppfa@sbcglobal.net or Call Nelson’s Moulding and Frame for more info @ 1-800-289-2467

The Open Competition is a chapter level (GLPPFA) framing competition. The OPEN Framing Competition is framing of any item, image, object, or collection of the framer’s choice. It remains at the total discretion of the individual frame designer whether or not they wish to uphold total conservation procedures during their framing. Preservation materials and practices for custom framing should be encouraged.

For in depth details check out the Nelson's Moulding and Frame Newsletter.

http://www.nelsonsmoulding.com/Newsletter.pdf

I am sure I speak for everyone involved with the GLPPFA in saying
Thank You Travis Nelson and Nelson's Moulding and Frame. I can honestly say they are nicest bunch of folks to work with and do business with!

Nelson's Moulding & Great Lakes PPFA Framing Competitions

I am really looking forward to going to the seminar and frame competition. I have heard over the years what a great event that Nelson's puts on and am very excited to be able to participate this year. Hope to see a great turnout for this event.
Plus I've never been that far north!

I am really looking forward to going to the seminar and frame competition. I have heard over the years what a great event that Nelson's puts on and am very excited to be able to participate this year. Hope to see a great turnout for this event.
Plus I've never been that far north!
Joyce I hope you can make it to the chapter meeting on Feb 26th. And you will not be disappointed in the Traverse City area!

Reminder to all the Great Lakes, Great Framers! The framing competitions are coming up early this year, you better figure out how your going to mount that rock print soon!

In order to honor the outstanding commitment of Nelson's Frame and Moulding to PPFA, and to enjoy visiting with framing friends, Gail and I will look forward to taking that 7-1/2 hour trip for the events.

If any framers along our route from central Ohio would like to come with us, contact me. We will drive to Traverse City Saturday morning and return home Monday morning.

Since the featured classes are about shadowboxes, I will bring some of my new Museum Glass shadowboxes to show and contribute for the door prize drawings. Also, "The Complete Guide to Shadowboxes and Framing Objects" will be available at the PPFA Bookstore's discount, and a few copies of the book will be contributed for the drawings, as well.

Thanks You Travis Nelson and the amazing staff at Nelson's Moulding and Frame. While I was not personally available to attend, the reaction I have had from others has been great! They are an exceptional company in our profession!

Back