• Welcome to the Framer's Corner Forum, hosted by the Professional Picture Framers Association. (PPFA)
    You will have to register a free account, before you can SEARCH or access the system. If you have already registered, please LOG IN
    If you have already registered, but can't remember your password, CLICK HERE to reset it.

Join the PPFA today!

Randy Parrish CPF

Frequent Poster
Certified Picture Framer®
Company
Parrish Fine Framing
12072666_1024230277628760_7653745843161909843_n.jpg

You can now sign up via our new website
www.ppfadirectory.com and pay with a credit card or Paypal. With your paid membership a free business listing is included. Enter the promo code "PPFAFB" to get $20 off your membership, the code expires Nov 7th, 2015.

You can also sign via snail mail by printing out this PDF. http://www.ppfa.com/pdfs/PPFAMembershipApplication.pdf

OK Randy,

I see that this new website has a directory of members....

How do I log-in as a paid PPFA member (snail mail 2 weeks ago) and update my information? Upload store image and list categories?

John

OK Randy,

I see that this new website has a directory of members....

How do I log-in as a paid PPFA member (snail mail 2 weeks ago) and update my information? Upload store image and list categories?

John

If you snail mailed your application, as many did and was the only way to apply initially, a code will be emailed soon, a week or two from now that will allow you bypass the payment info and create a public listing.

FYI there is no real staff at this point, so I would not call PFM with questions, there will be when membership climbs back to normal. There is plan to hire someone for data entry, otherwise it is the board and committees doing work. The staff of Monarch/PFM are preoccupied with WCAF details and planning. If you need anything call a Board of Directors member. Good news is Shelia Pursglove has been hired and working on convention planning. If anyone needs help or guidance through application process feel free to call me 734-761-8253 or any other board member. I know we are off to rough a start but it will get smoother as we move along.

The new directory is fantastic and quite easy to navigate and supply the appropriate information about your business. I understand that this has been a long-time coming and definitely a perk for potential new PPFA members.

One observation which I think needs to be added is a third Credential Check...GCF - although issued by The Fine Art Trade Guild, I think that it is to our benefit as an International trade association to recognize this equally recognized logo on our website.

1_GCF%20badge%20120px.jpg

In addition, a number of our current members also have this credential not only in the U.S. but also PPFA members in NZ and Australia. As the FATG respects the CPF program, I think we need to do the same.

John

Glad you found it easy to use. I will pass along the information about the GCF.

Thanks Robin

I concur with John's point.

I notice that the FATG respectfully recognise the CPF designation, so I don't see why PPFA cannot reciprocate for the GCF credential as well?

Cheers, Jared

This is being taken care of and should be corrected in a week or so.

I don't want to open a can of worms, but is this going to get me back on the PMA newsletters and such. We were members for years and My dad was a CPF. But when I renewed 2013, I think. It was PMA. I only got information about Photography stuff. I know it has been a hot topic, but I want to support our business, not PMA. I'm from Idaho Falls, Idaho and we loved going to the PPFA meetings and trainings. Now I own the store I would like to continue somehow. I am also looking for the current CPF study books. Any Help?

PPFA is no longer affiliated with PMA. So the short answer is "no." If you opted out of PMA emails, you may not be receiving emails from PPFA currently since we are working from the list that PMA provided.

You can renew your membership at ppfadirectory.com. There is a $20 discount by renewing before November 30, 2015 and entering this code: FC88. I think you will be pleasantly surprised by the improvements in PPFA.

You can also download a membership application form at ppfa.com if you prefer to mail a check.

Please send me a Private Message if you encounter any problems with the renewal process or have any further questions.

copied from Ellen's post under Framing Books

Here is the Official List of Books to prepare for the CPF. Your chapter library should have all of these books for you to borrow.

Art & Picture Framing Glossary of Terms
The Complete Guide to Shadowboxes and Framing Objects
CPF Study Guide
The Mounting and Laminating Handbook, Third Edition
PPFA Guidelines for Framing Paintings on Canvas
PPFA Guidelines for Framing Works of Art on Paper
PPFA Guidelines for Framing Textiles and Needlework

Picture Framing, Volume 1
Mat Cutting & Decoration, Volume 2
These last two are Vivian Kistler's books, which are available from Omega Moulding 323-261-3510

I received an email indicating that I now had access to the PPFA membership portal. So I went and setup my username and password, and have the option of renewing.

However, there is no description as to what the various levels mean. The retail ones have been described here and elsewhere, but there are also Silver, Gold and Platinum with no indication what they mean.

Thanks for the heads up! I have not seen the supplier side of the renewal yet but will find out the differences and let you know. It will most likely be Monday before I have the answer.

This is being taken care of and should be corrected in a week or so.

Any progress on adding this designation? Kindly advise if you would like any of us to reach out to the FATG Staff. Both Jared and I have a working relationship with the Executive Director, Louise Hay. Thanks.

John

Monarch is reaching out to FATG to get their approval to use the logos. We have discussed this and just want approval first so there is no question about the use of their designation logo.

Thanks for the heads up! I have not seen the supplier side of the renewal yet but will find out the differences and let you know. It will most likely be Monday before I have the answer.

FYI, I had also sent an email to info@ppfa.com (the address I received the renewal advice from) on 11/19/15. I am still awaiting explanation of the membership levels.

Back