• Welcome to the Framer's Corner Forum, hosted by the Professional Picture Framers Association. (PPFA)
    You will have to register a free account, before you can SEARCH or access the system. If you have already registered, please LOG IN
    If you have already registered, but can't remember your password, CLICK HERE to reset it.

heads

I like the idea of the floating artwork. Do you think you could have created more space between the artwork and the frame?
Serbia - interesting. It is good to have framers from all over the world with different ideas.
I liked that catalog where you can easily flick thru the pages and the profiles of the moldings printed on top of the samples.

Apart from that, the samples are predictable. Coloreds, gold ornate etc. Nothing wrong with that. They are exactly what I am selling regardless of the company that makes them.

I remember the war in Yugoslavia and how it all broke apart. I still remember Marshall Tito when he was in power. It was mostly a religious war, as the people in Bosnia, Croatia and Serbia all speak the same language, just a different alphabet.

Sad how they couldn't get along with each other and so many lost their lives. Probably in Slovenia they speak a different language. Probably the Albanians too.

How is business in Serbia? Is the economy improving? Do you have much competition from other framers and how long have you been framing?

Re: Nice framing designs...

Milan,

Normally I would agree with Kai, in that most framers still do not use enough "breathing space" in their matting around the artwork, however in this case because you are "floating" the artwork and are using simplier large profiles for the frames, I think that your designs on both pieces work very well.

Very nice designs! :thumb:

A number of framers from your corner of Europe would sometimes attend the SACA who in Bologna, Italy.... these days perhaps you might come to the FrameArt Expo show that alternates between Milan and Roma?

Thanks for sharing your work.

John

I like the idea of the floating artwork. Do you think you could have created more space between the artwork and the frame?
Serbia - interesting. It is good to have framers from all over the world with different ideas.
I liked that catalog where you can easily flick thru the pages and the profiles of the moldings printed on top of the samples.

Apart from that, the samples are predictable. Coloreds, gold ornate etc. Nothing wrong with that. They are exactly what I am selling regardless of the company that makes them.

I remember the war in Yugoslavia and how it all broke apart. I still remember Marshall Tito when he was in power. It was mostly a religious war, as the people in Bosnia, Croatia and Serbia all speak the same language, just a different alphabet.

Sad how they couldn't get along with each other and so many lost their lives. Probably in Slovenia they speak a different language. Probably the Albanians too.

How is business in Serbia? Is the economy improving? Do you have much competition from other framers and how long have you been framing?

my customer want small space between artwork and frame...Business in Serbia... hm :mmph: not good but bad thing is bad situation in culture generally...in my town i have competition but i am the best ;) i have small workshop from 1998. year... my father is a first picture framer in my town. he work with frames from 1962 year...and today we work together.....
radnja.jpg

Milan,

Normally I would agree with Kai, in that most framers still do not use enough "breathing space" in their matting around the artwork, however in this case because you are "floating" the artwork and are using simplier large profiles for the frames, I think that your designs on both pieces work very well.

Very nice designs! :thumb:

A number of framers from your corner of Europe would sometimes attend the SACA who in Bologna, Italy.... these days perhaps you might come to the FrameArt Expo show that alternates between Milan and Roma?

Thanks for sharing your work.

John
thank you John...i was at frameart expo in Milan this year first time...very nice experience... :)

Milan Jovanovic said:
thank you John...i was at frameart expo in Milan this year first time...very nice experience... :)

We missed each other as I did not attend this past year. I did however present educational seminars at the show in 2011 (Milan) and in 2012 (Rome).

Perhaps we will meet next year when the show returns to Rome. :thumb: Thanks for sharing the picture of your shop! I would love to see one of the outside - entrance?

John

yes i hope we will :)
now i dont have picture of the outside...when i make something i will share... (sory for my bad english)

No need to apologize for your English, Milan. It's a difficult language. We'll get the message. It is fun to see how styles are different in other parts of the world, so please keep posting.

Milan, that is a nice looking shop. It is interesting to learn how shops in other parts of the world work. Your work is quite impressive and I have enjoyed the pictures you have posted. Please keep posting.

Back