• Welcome to the Framer's Corner Forum, hosted by the Professional Picture Framers Association. (PPFA)
    You will have to register a free account, before you can SEARCH or access the system. If you have already registered, please LOG IN
    If you have already registered, but can't remember your password, CLICK HERE to reset it.

Has your CPF expired?

Ellen Collins MCPF

PPFA Vice President
Master Certified Picture Framer®
Company
Howard's
We all know how time flies. You get your CPF (Hooray!) and you know that you need to take a Recert Course in about 4 years to keep your knowledge base up-to-date. But suddenly it has been 6 years, and your choice is now to take the entire exam all over again.(Groan!)

The International PPFA Board has now authorized an experimental chance to renew your CPF by paying a $100 Reinstatement Fee and taking the Recert Course. The Recert Course is $195 for members or $245 for non-members. This experiment will last from now until January 2017.

The Recert Course can be taken three ways. Most chapters offer a PPFA Recert Course once a year. It is always a class at the International Convention in Las Vegas. Or you can order a thumb drive which has a narrated PowerPoint program. The thumb drive is always yours to keep for review or sharing information with staff.

If you are interested in participating in this program, please contact mrobertson@hobbypub.com or The Cert Board at howardsart@aol.com for an application.

Does anyone send notices that a member is up for recertification? Also when was the last time a new recert class dvd was made, so we don't end up taking the same one again? This applies to CPF and MCPF, right? One last question, who is teaching it in Vegas this year?

Thanks!

There is a new (last year) DVD. It is a narrated PowerPoint. You will get it on a thumb drive, which you get to keep.

There is also a new certificate worthy of your designation (CPF or MCPF). It is 11 x 17, and is permanent. Every four years, after recertifying, you will get a 10 x 3 validation certificate which has your expiration date on it.

All else is up to you.

Oh, yeah. If you want the new certificate sooner than your recert year, you can pay $25 plus shipping.

Does anyone send notices that a member is up for recertification? Also when was the last time a new recert class dvd was made, so we don't end up taking the same one again? This applies to CPF and MCPF, right? One last question, who is teaching it in Vegas this year?

Thanks!
Good question....I know it may be another job to keep up with, but hey, some of us have our heads down working hard or volunteering!

The Certification board is working to compile a list but it is the responsibility of each member to keep up with their own expiration date. Many many people are working and Volunteering and we all have responsibilities to fulfill.

Would you like to volunteer to help with this task? If so all you need to do is let the Certification Board know.

The Certification board is working to compile a list but it is the responsibility of each member to keep up with their own expiration date. Many many people are working and Volunteering and we all have responsibilities to fulfill.

Would you like to volunteer to help with this task? If so all you need to do is let the Certification Board know.

Would we ever! I have a list of about 1600 (!) CPFs, names only, most of whom I have never heard of and goodness knows how old the list is. I would purely love to have someone call some of this list to find out the basic info that we need for our database.

As information has come in, I have been entering it. My goal is to have a list that will allow us to email or call every expiring CPF the last year of their certification.

Give me a call at 301-733-2722 or 301-988-2722 (my cell- I'm trusting you guys here) to get a part of the list to call.

Would we ever! I have a list of about 1600 (!) CPFs, names only, most of whom I have never heard of and goodness knows how old the list is. I would purely love to have someone call some of this list to find out the basic info that we need for our database.

As information has come in, I have been entering it. My goal is to have a list that will allow us to email or call every expiring CPF the last year of their certification.

Give me a call at 301-733-2722 or 301-988-2722 (my cell- I'm trusting you guys here) to get a part of the list to call.

Ellen,

Starting between Thanksgiving and New Years I could offer to help making some calls each day for info. Just let me know. I'm generally available in the mornings until 1pm Tuesday through Friday.

Back