• Welcome to the Framer's Corner Forum, hosted by the Professional Picture Framers Association. (PPFA)
    You will have to register a free account, before you can SEARCH or access the system. If you have already registered, please LOG IN
    If you have already registered, but can't remember your password, CLICK HERE to reset it.

Hacked e-mail

Mikki Kavich MCPF

Frequent Poster
Master Certified Picture Framer®
Company
Mikki's Frame Shop
PLease do not click or respond to an e-mail from me. They still have my e-mail account. DO NOT SEND $$$ I am fine.

The number on the e-mail is wrong but it does link to my website so you may think it is me.

Sorry.

I hope this gets out there I have so many PPFA e-mails in my contacts.

Again sorry.

Do not click on an account must be updated from Yahoo...I think that was what got me.

Trying to get this fixed.

PLease do not click or respond to an e-mail from me. They still have my e-mail account. DO NOT SEND $$$ I am fine.

The number on the e-mail is wrong but it does link to my website so you may think it is me.

Sorry.

I hope this gets out there I have so many PPFA e-mails in my contacts.

Again sorry.

Do not click on an account must be updated from Yahoo...I think that was what got me.

Trying to get this fixed.

There is so much of this type of thing going on right now it is scary. I just had my Ebay account hacked and some guy from Texas took over my log in screen name. Ebay was sending me e-mails addresed to Bruno, not Pat. At first I just deleted them without opening them, thinking it was a scam. Then one day I opened one and went to my screen name. It was my screen name, but where my name should have been was Bruno. This guy was able to sell a Mercedes, a Mustang, and a $15000 tractor before Ebay caught up to him. It took me 3 days to get my account back in my name. From what I can tell Ebay doesn't even know how he is doing it. They were hacked back in April and the crooks are very good. They don't use the information right away. Ebay immidiately removed all of the sales he made from my account and returned the account to my name and the money they took from my account for some transaction that was done by him. Then they contacted all of the buyers and informed them of the fraud. I'm not sure just how much he got away with or just how many sales he made, but I suspect that it was quite a lot.

My advice to anyone with an Ebay account, especially if you don't use it often, is to check it and make sure that someone hasn't taken it over. And if you haven't done so recently, change your password to one that is very long, and very complicated, change your screen name and even the e-mail address you have been using with your Ebay account. You may save yourself a lot of time and aggravation if you do.

A couple other things:

1) Change your passwords now and then.

2) Use different passwords for different websites.

If there is a security breach and they get your password for a website and you're lazy and use the same for multiple websites, you can have big problems; e.g., Netflix gets hacked. Hacker gets your email address and password. Hacker tries a bunch of bank websites. Wow. The same email and password works for Bank of America too. Bank account balance transferred to Russia.

Plain long passwords are actually better than tricky short ones:

bad: $heLLy
good: whatthehellboythisonepasswordislongbutsafer
better: Whatthehell?Boy,this1passwordislong,butsafer!

Andrew

A couple other things:

1) Change your passwords now and then.

2) Use different passwords for different websites.

If there is a security breach and they get your password for a website and you're lazy and use the same for multiple websites, you can have big problems; e.g., Netflix gets hacked. Hacker gets your email address and password. Hacker tries a bunch of bank websites. Wow. The same email and password works for Bank of America too. Bank account balance transferred to Russia.

Plain long passwords are actually better than tricky short ones:

bad: $heLLy
good: whatthehellboythisonepasswordislongbutsafer
better: Whatthehell?Boy,this1passwordislong,butsafer!

Andrew
Ebay also told me that you should change everything you can on every account every month or so. Something that works well for people is to use codes for your passwords so that you can remember them but the crooks won't be able to get the info. For instance: SIL BD which would stand for Sister in law's birthday or 1HSS stands for First Highschool Sweetheart. The codes have to be something that only you know the answers to.

Back