• Welcome to the Framer's Corner Forum, hosted by the Professional Picture Framers Association. (PPFA)
    You will have to register a free account, before you can SEARCH or access the system. If you have already registered, please LOG IN
    If you have already registered, but can't remember your password, CLICK HERE to reset it.

Golden Gloves, Cross stitch, hair ribbons

Rick Granick

Frequent Poster
Company
FrameWorks
This was a fun project. The customer's husband had been a Gold Gloves boxer back in the 1960s, so we showcased his memorabilia in a birds-eye view of a boxing ring depicted in v-grooves.
:cool: Rick

boxing.jpg

Here's another recent fun one. Mom's collection of her daughters' hair ribbons. She had the padded dress form made, with tulle and ribbons, and gave me free reign on arranging and mounting the bows. Frame is a flanged acrylic box surrounded by a white LJ moulding, with pink linen backing. Dress and bows are mounted using a combination of stitching, Attach-EZ tags, and the bows' own clips.

RibbonsDress.jpg

Cross-Stitch Mat

CrossStitch.jpg

A decorative v-groove mat treatment extends the design of this lovely cross-stitch project right out to the frame, which also echoes the vining floral motif.

These designs are awesome! I hope you are not planning on moving to Reno, NV . . . I do not want either one of you as my competition. Inspiring work.

Back