• Welcome to the Framer's Corner Forum, hosted by the Professional Picture Framers Association. (PPFA)
    You will have to register a free account, before you can SEARCH or access the system. If you have already registered, please LOG IN
    If you have already registered, but can't remember your password, CLICK HERE to reset it.

Congratulations to the three newest Master Certified Picture Framers!

David Lantrip MCPF GCF

Frequent Poster
GCF Guild
Master Certified Picture Framer®
Company
Franchise Concepts
On behalf of the PPFA Certification Board I would like to congratulate the three framers who successfully completed the Master Certified Picture Framer exam here in Las Vegas at the annual convention:

Sarah Beckett, MCPF
Mikki Kavich, MCPF
Byron Ward, MCPF

Well done, and be proud of your great achievement!

Thanks for these notes, thanks to all those who helped and encouraged me, and I also congratulate the two others who joined me in being honored with this distinction. In some ways this was tougher than I anticipated (and I anticipated tough). The examination and grading of the pieces was certainly more exacting and rigorous than the mock MCPF exam at the Chapter Leaders Conference. This, and the entire convention, proved to be a superb transition point for me as I venture, with some trepidation, into framing full time.

Congrats to Mikki, Byron and Sarah! I know it was a lot of work but well worth it.

Thanks for these notes, thanks to all those who helped and encouraged me, and I also congratulate the two others who joined me in being honored with this distinction. In some ways this was tougher than I anticipated (and I anticipated tough). The examination and grading of the pieces was certainly more exacting and rigorous than the mock MCPF exam at the Chapter Leaders Conference. This, and the entire convention, proved to be a superb transition point for me as I venture, with some trepidation, into framing full time.

I would certainly hope so! As usual with those meetings, time was at a premium and we had to rush through. I can assure you that the examiners took much more time and care on your frames than Joyce and I did.

Congratulations again, and I’m going to give you two assignments: 1) Frame your MCPF certificate as soon as possible. Use MCPF standards for the technical side, and Competition-level design and display proudly. 2) Order new business cards with those new letters after your name.

David,

The new business cards were ordered yesterday!

Thank you all for your kind words. It was an extremely tough exam, but worth every second of it. It will help me personally as a framer as well as the business.

Congratulations to Mikki and Byron as well! We did it, folks!

-Sarah

MCPF - How many of us are there?

CONGRATULATIONS!
Sarah Beckett, MCPF
Mikki Kavich, MCPF
Byron Ward, MCPF
An achievement to be very proud of!
Welcome to the Professional Framers M-club!

Can anyone here find and share a current official list of all Master Certified Picture Framers?
:noidea:I have always been curious as to how many of us are and where we are located.

Jini Lumsden, MCPF

CONGRATULATIONS!
Sarah Beckett, MCPF
Mikki Kavich, MCPF
Byron Ward, MCPF
An achievement to be very proud of!
Welcome to the Professional Framers M-club!

Can anyone here find and share a current official list of all Master Certified Picture Framers?
:noidea:I have always been curious as to how many of us are and where we are located.

Jini Lumsden, MCPF

It's here: http://services.pmai.org/pma/xLabFinder/ppfa_cpf.aspx?t=m

I'm sure it hasn't been updated from last week yet. ;) They haven't even gotten back in the office !

Number of MCPF"s
Roughly I would say between sixty and seventy. One in New Zealand, maybe ten in Australia, five in Canada and the rest in the country just below Canada.
Another way to get an idea is to go to PPFA website, then find aframer. Look per country and on top of the list are the MCPF's, then the CPF's

Some who passed the exam are not members or no longer members of PPFA, while the list only mentions stores; not individuals. One store may have two staff with the qualification, while only listed as one.

Number of MCPF"s
Roughly I would say between sixty and seventy. One in New Zealand, maybe ten in Australia, five in Canada and the rest in the country just below Canada.
Another way to get an idea is to go to PPFA website, then find aframer. Look per country and on top of the list are the MCPF's, then the CPF's

Some who passed the exam are not members or no longer members of PPFA, while the list only mentions stores; not individuals. One store may have two staff with the qualification, while only listed as one.

Or, as was suggested one post above yours, you could go here: http://services.pmai.org/pma/xLabFinder/ppfa_cpf.aspx?t=m

That list should be quite accurate (aside from the three new ones from last week) since the Certification Board took a lot of time last year making sure everyone was current.

Back