• Welcome to the Framer's Corner Forum, hosted by the Professional Picture Framers Association. (PPFA)
    You will have to register a free account, before you can SEARCH or access the system. If you have already registered, please LOG IN
    If you have already registered, but can't remember your password, CLICK HERE to reset it.

Choice of Classes for Beginner

Ken Tuvman

Company
Best Picture Framing
Hi Everyone,

Without any bias towards one instructor vs another - trying to decide which is a more useful class as a beginner (both classes at same time on Sunday) -

Currently registered for Sunday: The Complete Guide to Shadowboxes and Mastering Mounting and Mastering Mounting - based on your input, thinking to swap Mastering Mounting class for Matt Cutting techniques but something learning mounting is super important.

Mat Cutting Techniques - V Grooves and Inlays - looks interesting but my mat cutter is the Valiani Pneumatic Mat Pro i 150 which is different than the conventional mat cutters that sits on a table.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-12-29 at 12.25.30 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2017-12-29 at 12.25.30 PM.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 52
I would lean toward Mastering Mounting. I say this only because if you make a mistake cutting a mat, it's your property, and money, that gets wasted. However, when you make a mounting mistake, it's your customer's property that is potentially damaged, along with your reputation.

V-grooves are fun, and they look great, so here's a video I made that will show you how to cut a v-groove.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOmMxe_VTXc

Good luck.

Back