• Welcome to the Framer's Corner Forum, hosted by the Professional Picture Framers Association. (PPFA)
    You will have to register a free account, before you can SEARCH or access the system. If you have already registered, please LOG IN
    If you have already registered, but can't remember your password, CLICK HERE to reset it.

Wax finish

Mikki Kavich MCPF

Frequent Poster
Master Certified Picture Framer®
Company
Mikki's Frame Shop
Some classes you really get a lot out of! For me I have made so may wax finished frames after Rob's class a few years ago.
I wish the computer had Pet-a-Vision because you need to feel this frame! 100 year old cedar fence post gets new life!IMG_5013 (800x600).jpgIMG_5015 (800x600).jpg

Wow! Lucky Wisconsin.... Would love to see some cool events like that in northern California/Nevada. Any plans anyone?? Anyone?? :eek:hwell:

Rob, hopefully you are going to do this class next Jan - I'll be the first to sign up!
G

I'm sure that if there is enough interest, the Ed committee would consider adding it. I'm also available to other chapters should they want to do this as a chapter activity. Hopefully there will be good feedback after the Wisconsin event.

Beautiful frame, Mikki! The second photo really is quite inviting, I soooo want to touch it and feel it's smoothness..... :)

Does it still have a lovely scent?

Would love to see some cool events like that in northern California/Nevada. Any plans anyone?? Anyone?? :eek:hwell:

Gail, When I was living in Nor Cal, 3 years ago, that was a dismal PPFA chapter, sadly. I hope it has changed for the better. If not, maybe you can kick start it

:)

Gail, When I was living in Nor Cal, 3 years ago, that was a dismal PPFA chapter, sadly. I hope it has changed for the better. If not, maybe you can kick start it

:)

Yes, Becky. Thankfully someone did take over the reigns of our chapter last year. They are probably still in the process of scheduling our 1st meeting. I was just hoping for a heads up, if they were asking around for speakers/instructors.

I'm anxious to meet everyone and hope to be involved in the chapter in some way, shape or form. Sadly, I live 4.5 hours away from them and don't have mad website skills, so they haven't come up with anything for me to do yet.
G

Yes, Becky. Thankfully someone did take over the reigns of our chapter last year. They are probably still in the process of scheduling our 1st meeting. I was just hoping for a heads up, if they were asking around for speakers/instructors. I'm anxious to meet everyone and hope to be involved in the chapter in some way, shape or form. Sadly, I live 4.5 hours away from them and don't have mad website skills, so they haven't come up with anything for me to do yet. G

Shouldn't be TOO difficult to get some meetings in Tahoe... heck I will go :)

Besides.... the entire western half of California heads to Tahoe on weekends during the summer.... should be easy :)

Shouldn't be TOO difficult to get some meetings in Tahoe... heck I will go :)

Besides.... the entire western half of California heads to Tahoe on weekends during the summer.... should be easy :)

I know... HUH? If they do have a meeting in Tahoe, I'll let you know!

Unfortunately, there are only us two PPFA members in ALL of Tahoe/Carson City/Reno (I was shocked) area. I'm thinking that it won't happen very often! But I'll let you know if it does! LOL...

G

Back