• Welcome to the Framer's Corner Forum, hosted by the Professional Picture Framers Association. (PPFA)
    You will have to register a free account, before you can SEARCH or access the system. If you have already registered, please LOG IN
    If you have already registered, but can't remember your password, CLICK HERE to reset it.
WCAF 2025

Question about the Grumble

Thomas M. Houston MCPF

Active Participant
Master Certified Picture Framer®
Company
Houston's Custom Framing
Hi there,
I have a question about the Grumble. I recently posted my CMC for sale on this forum and thought I would put it up on the Grumble as well. I couldn't remember my password since it's been a long time since I've logged on over there. I hit the "forgot my password" button and never got an email. I tried it again several times to no avail so I emailed the Grumble directly through their contact button and still no reply. This was a week or two ago now. Anybody know what's up? Who's the moderator over there?
Thanks!!
Thomas

Hi Thomas,

The two forums use the same brand of software, but have different policies and management structures. They are independent of each other.

I am a moderator there as well, but we don't have the ability to change user records or to see emails sent to the administrator. Grumble moderators can ban spammers or move messages to the appropriate forum, but everything else can only be done by the administrator. Email goes directly to the owner/administrator, Bill McKay, who is the only person who can manually edit user records. You can reach Bill at fastpictureframing.com, but usually he will refer folks back to use the included reset link. It's possible that your spam filter is also eating his replies.

Password reset requests are automatically handled by the grumble software, and emailed immediately to the address on file. If you don't see the email, it's probably in your spam or bulk folder. Email systems yahoo, aol, and gmail are notorious for eating or mis-categorizing these - and have over aggressive spam filters. This is where to look first - to find the system generated email. That email will include a new password, generated by the system.

The software assumes that you can receive emails, and this is how you are alerted of subscriptions, password reset requests, private messages, etc. If you are still unable to find the emails in the spam/bulk folder, you may have to register with an alternate email address/ISP.

Remember: Passwords are always case sensitive. If there is a password you had in mind, try it all in lower case, or with mixed case. ie: mike123 vs Mike123 vs MIKE123

Just to be clear, we are talking about the grumble - not this forum. Emails to help (at) ppfacorner.com go to all moderators on this forum, not just the system administrator. We strive to answer all of them in a timely manner.

Best regards,
Mike Labbe

Back