• Welcome to the Framer's Corner Forum, hosted by the Professional Picture Framers Association. (PPFA)
    You will have to register a free account, before you can SEARCH or access the system. If you have already registered, please LOG IN
    If you have already registered, but can't remember your password, CLICK HERE to reset it.

PRINT and OPEN competition for Great Lakes, Wisconsin, Mid America, KY/TN and North C

Randy, do you know if there is a specific room number or location to drop off the entries on Saturday morning? That marathon has me a little bit worried, hopefully the access for vehicles to the hotel is limited.

We talked to the hotel, the marathon should not be a big deal, we don't know the room or floor but I am sure if you go the front desk, they will direct you.

John, When we heard about the marathon, we went ahead and booked Friday night....it beats the rush and I can sure use the extra beauty sleep.:yawn: Offer still good if you want free transportation down for you entries. John

John, When we heard about the marathon, we went ahead and booked Friday night....it beats the rush and I can sure use the extra beauty sleep.:yawn: Offer still good if you want free transportation down for you entries. John

John, I'll check with you tomorrow, I still have to open up one of mine again as I am chasing a dust speck that only shows up after the dust cover is on. :livid:

John, sent you an email and left a message on the phone. If you want to swing by the shop (Friday I assume) and pick mine up I would appreciate it.

When someone asks about the advantages of being a PPFA member, you can refer them to this thread. Making good trusted friends out of other framers.

I have encouraged John and Karen over the years as they have started their business. I've encouraged them to enter the framing competition and shared with them any bits of wisdom I have picked up along the way to help them with having a successful entry. The three of us have entries in our chapter competition this weekend.

John & Karen are going to Indianapolis the night before to make sure entries arrive in time because of the Marathon on Saturday morning to avoid traffic tie ups. Graciously they have offered to stop in Toledo on their way and take my entries with them so as to make sure I didn't get stuck in a traffic jam Saturday morning. I have absolutely no qualms about sending my competition pieces along with one of my competitors. We are in this together to have fun and to learn.

Thank you, John & Karen.

Now don't let them fall out the back of the van! :playful:

John, Don't worry...I stopped at Lowe's today and bought two extra rolls of "duck tape" just to make sure we don't loose any of the entries out the back door. We need to get "duck tape" made acid free/arcovalarchival so we can use if for things like repairing dust covers. I am sure we could find a few more uses.:nod: John

And all the encouragement paid off~ Congrats to John Heltman placing first in Great Lakes OPEN and PRINT!!! John Barlowe placed second in PRINT too! Way to go guys! We had a the best turn out in years, it was a real competition. More results to follow, thank you to all the particapants, judges and Competition Board.

A BIG THANK YOU to Nelson's Moulding and Frame for hosting our Multi Chapter PRINT and OPEN Competitions!

2016/2017 PRINT & OPEN Competition results

Participating Chapters
Kentucky/Tennessee
PRINT
1st Place and Popular Choice: Mikki Kavich, MCPF, Mikki’s Frame Shop
2nd Place: Marshall Hall, Jerry’s Artarama Nashville
OPEN
1st Place: Mikki Kavich. MCPF, Mikki’s Frame Shop

Great Lakes
PRINT
1st Place: John Heltman, Esthetic Endeavors, LLC
2nd Place: John Barlowe, Frame Shop Art Gallery
3rd Place: First Time Entry, Christopher Brown American Frame
OPEN
1st Place and Popular Choice: John Heltman, Esthetic Endeavors, LLC
2nd Place: John Barlowe, Frame Shop Art Gallery
3rd Place: Karen Heltman, Esthetic Endeavors LLC

Mid America
PRINT
1st Place, High-Point First-Time Entry Award, and Popular Choice:
Christine (Tina) Crist, Home is Where the Art Is
2nd Place: Robin Shively. CPF, Corners Frameshop & Gallery
3rd Place: Amy Miller, Prints Charming Gallery
and First Time Entry!
OPEN
No entries

North Central
PRINT
1st Place: Sue Davis, CPF, Roger Nielsen, Andrew Webster, Master Framers
2nd Place, Judge's Award for Best Use of Fabric, Popular Choice: Glenn Renick, Framagine
3rd Place, High-Point First-Time Entry Award: Cara Callahan, Mary Fajack, Callahan Framing Co.
OPEN
1st Place: Valerie Becker, MCPF, Red Wing Framing & Fine Art
2nd Place: Glenn Renick, Framagine
3rd Place: Mark Roberts, CPF, Eagle Creek Gallery

Wisconsin
PRINT
1st Place, High-Point First-Time Entry Award, Janine Buechner MCPF, Artists Guild LLC
OPEN
1st Place, High-Point First-Time Entry Award, Janine Buechner MCPF, Artists Guild LLC

Special thanks to our Judges and Secretaries
PRINT Competition
Judges
Patrice Marquardt, CPF
Robert Gulf, CPF
Meghan MacMillian MCPF
Secretary
Julie Balson, CPF

OPEN Competition Judges
Randy Parrish, CPF
Janie Peters, CPF
Elli Wollangk, MCPF
Secretary
Robin Shively, CPF
and Robin Gentry, MCPF

Many Thanks to everyone who attended this Nelson's 18th Annual Educational Seminar. Thank you to the companies whose support we are grateful for!
Tru Vue
Crescent Cardboard
Frametastic LLC
Frame Specialties
Kool Tack
Nielsen Bainbridge
Gemini Moulding
Roma Moulding
Intricate Photo Printing
Michelle Anderson, Decor
Designer Moulding
Nelson's Moulding