• Welcome to the Framer's Corner Forum, hosted by the Professional Picture Framers Association. (PPFA)
    You will have to register a free account, before you can SEARCH or access the system. If you have already registered, please LOG IN
    If you have already registered, but can't remember your password, CLICK HERE to reset it.

PRINT and OPEN competition for Great Lakes, Wisconsin, Mid America, KY/TN and North C

Sarah Beckett MCPF

Frequent Poster
Master Certified Picture Framer®
Company
SB Framing Gallery
Scan 24.jpg
PRINT and OPEN competition for Great Lakes, Wisconsin, Mid America and North Central will be soon!

April 16th, 2016
Indianapolis, Indiana
In conjunction with the Nelson's Moulding Educational Event
Sheraton Indianapolis City Center
Details to come.

View attachment 1372
PRINT and OPEN competition for Great Lakes, Wisconsin, Mid America and North Central will be soon!

April 16th, 2016
Indianapolis, Indiana
In conjunction with the Nelson's Moulding Educational Event
Sheraton Indianapolis City Center
Details to come.

Gosh, you folks don't fool around!! I'm still getting in gear from WCAF!

If you decide to put other items in with the buttons consider these items will pull the focus or could pull the focus from the Buttons which are the Artwork in this competition. However if you are framing for the Popular Choice it could be more interesting with other items involved. It will be up to each competitor to decide if they are framing for 1st place or Popular Choice.

As to the timing, yes it is soon but many of us (I know not all) would wait until a couple weeks out to frame the piece anyway, :shocked: LOL!

12650956_1151574508200861_5676950606377449289_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
typo. I guess when they call to sign up they will find out what the cost is for non members.
Maybe we can at that point talk them into signing up as a member, then take the exam.

In a perfect world with lots of people to help out and plan and implement a chapter meeting the dates for competition are normally in the fall or split between two events. However several of the chapters are being run by the same set of volunteers for years now and it is so very hard to get people to show up to the event and harder to get them to volunteer their time to help do everything it takes to put on an event. Everyone is stretched to the max and most of us framers have little to no staff anymore.

My chapter was unable to hold a fall meeting last year and because of that I was unable to compete at the chapter level.

We have just over two months so it will work and we will have a great event like several years ago when Nelson's partnered with us. That was the biggest local event I have been to and I look forward to this one as well.

Remember we will all still compete just against people from our own chapter for this event but we will get to see the entries from other chapters as well and get a chance maybe to talk to folks about what we did.

Message me for any details for competitions you might need.

Thanks Mikki

They have to call PPFA to register for the exam, they would fine out quickly a non member cost more. Does it look good? NO but its been one afternoon.

If you are planning on coming to Indy April 16th for the Evening Meet and Greet please purchase your ticket ASAP. we will be taking down the pre reg soon, and it also helps us plan on how much to order for catering. You can pay $15 now or $20 at the door. www.greatlakesppfa.com

Registration for the educational seminars is not included and has to be done through Nelson's Moulding at 1-800-BUY-CHOP

Back