• Welcome to the Framer's Corner Forum, hosted by the Professional Picture Framers Association. (PPFA)
    You will have to register a free account, before you can SEARCH or access the system. If you have already registered, please LOG IN
    If you have already registered, but can't remember your password, CLICK HERE to reset it.

Printed Background Matts

John Barlowe

Frequent Poster
Company
Frame Shop Art Gallery & Gifts
Printed photo background mats really help to tell a story in my opinion.

Customer brought this "truck part" in to get framed as a presentation to a retired employee. My conversation with him gave me the rest of the story. Seems the retired employee was instrumental in the development of this part which meant $$$$$$$$$. to the company in sales over the year and was a big advancement to the trucking company.

I suggested that we find a photo of a Big Rig and use that as the background. Customer said that if we could find a photo of a "S W I F T" truck that would be great as that company was one of their big clients. 30 seconds later I had found a photo of that particular truck to use and the deal was sealed. A nice deep walnut shadowbox and Museum glass.

I suggest that you think of printed backgrounds even if you don't have your own wide format printer, you can have them done ( this one is only 16x20) they add to the presentation and to your bottom line - set you apart from your competition.

10352591_10152126459678391_5952080496459451155_n.jpg

Great idea! I am sure your customer was thrilled with the personalized - definitely custom frame. Thanks for sharing!

Back