• Welcome to the Framer's Corner Forum, hosted by the Professional Picture Framers Association. (PPFA)
    You will have to register a free account, before you can SEARCH or access the system. If you have already registered, please LOG IN
    If you have already registered, but can't remember your password, CLICK HERE to reset it.

PPFA Convention - WCAF 2017 - Will I see you there?

Cliff Wilson MCPF

Frequent Poster
Master Certified Picture Framer®
Company
Framed In Tatnuck
Just booked my flights for the convention in January.
Actually booked for myself and two employees.
Don't have our hotel rooms yet, but Southwest had a pretty fair price round trip out of Providence, so I went ahead and grabbed it.

Will I see you there?

Just booked my flights for the convention in January.
Actually booked for myself and two employees.
Don't have our hotel rooms yet, but Southwest had a pretty fair price round trip out of Providence, so I went ahead and grabbed it.

Will I see you there?

I'll be there. Your mounting class a few weeks ago and your phone calls helped me a lot. I'd like to thank you in person. :)

I'm looking forward to see you and everybody else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, I will be there.

Waiting until after I see the class schedule to make arrangements. There had been some talk about having one of the chapter leaders events on Saturday, so I need to confirm the class times before I make the reservations.

I will probably come in on Saturday and return on Thursday.

Looking forward to seeing all of my great friends again.

Nope, won't be there in '17. We typically show every other year, and while I do usually attend in the off years my wife and I have a couple big vacations coming up in the first half of the year and just don't feel I can take the time away.

We are planning on on it - likely stay in the Paris for convenience - pricing seems in line; have not been for 2 years so we need to catch up... looking forward to it

www.eco-framing.com
www.businessimagegroup.com
I booked our flights today out of Providence and it's about $100 less than last year's price

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S6 smartphone using the Tapatalk app.

I will be there again this year, and have 5 classes lined up! The schedule isn't officially posted yet, but I will share with you that I will be teaching my Adding Gifts - What you should know about Diversifying! Seminar - It has been a number of years since I presented this at WCAF so I'm excited about sharing some perspective with fellow framers about this area. If you've ever thought about adding ancillary gift items into your retail mix, please join me for this class.

I also haven't booked flights but typically come in Friday to help set-up classes on Saturday. I typically stay through the entire show.

John

My flights get me there on Friday and I don't leave until Thursday morning.
I have no plans for Saturday yet, but I suspect there will be someone that needs some help.

My flights get me there on Friday and I don't leave until Thursday morning.
I have no plans for Saturday yet, but I suspect there will be someone that needs some help.
Our flights on Friday and Thursday as well and from Providence

Last edited:
Are flights on Friday and Thursday as well and from Providence

Southwest? I'll email our flights. Harry is with us, maybe your on the same flights?

P.S. I booked 3 flights round trip on SW for $292 each and I'm OK with that.

Nice! We paid $331 each, round trip. We upgraded some of the flights to better times, so it was slightly more than best fare. (including taxes and checked bags, since it is Southwest)

Fri 10:55am EST departing, via philly, arriving 3:45pm PST

Thur 1:45pm PST departing, via philly, arriving 11:15pm EST

We upgraded some of the flights to better times, so it was slightly more than best fare.

If your Time isn't worth anything, you can get some really cheap fares. But, like Mike, I place a high value on time of departure, arrival time, total trip time, number of flights, and of course seating (being 6'2" and 'over 200#' standard Economy seats are to be avoided if at all possible!).

It may take a while (months, years) but figuring out what airlines do best at what routes can really make a difference. Of course, then it changes when there's a merger or breakup... So you have to constantly readjust. Or suffer.

Arriving Saturday, leaving Wednesday afternoon. I am teaching two classes, one is on Wednesday at 10am and I think the other is Sunday morning, but I haven't heard for sure yet.
We bought Southwest tickets a few weeks ago from Oakland to Las Vegas, about $60 each way.
Looking forward to seeing everyone again!

Back