• Welcome to the Framer's Corner Forum, hosted by the Professional Picture Framers Association. (PPFA)
    You will have to register a free account, before you can SEARCH or access the system. If you have already registered, please LOG IN
    If you have already registered, but can't remember your password, CLICK HERE to reset it.

March french mat madness!

Mikki, check out some of the scales from Incra for doing crosshatching.
518M8A2CG9L._AA160_.jpg
This is just one of many that work well with laying out French Mats.

Very nice!

• :thumb:

Now, if you also had one of a leprechaun (spelling?) for St. Patricks day you could post that in your window and certainly generate some interest.

I'm thinking of doing something similar for some seed packages for spring. If I get around to it.

image.jpgimage.jpgMarch French Mat madness continues! This piece is from Alan at Framin' Works in Pheonix!
please join us and post your French mats!

Well I've never done a lined mat before and hadn't had a real desire to learn. I also had never had a customer bring it up before.
Guess what? Just had an existing customer come in with a print that she wanted framed to compliment another french lined mat. All of the advice and examples I have seen from other framers both here / FB pages and the G gives me confidence that I can do it.

Now just have to order some supplies and practice, practice, practice.

John, Hope you can make our upcoming event in Louisville, KY. You will leave with all the tips and tricks, Linda is a great teacher and she will share the "Post It" note trick with us which is GOLD!

Back