• Welcome to the Framer's Corner Forum, hosted by the Professional Picture Framers Association. (PPFA)
    You will have to register a free account, before you can SEARCH or access the system. If you have already registered, please LOG IN
    If you have already registered, but can't remember your password, CLICK HERE to reset it.
Picture Framing Magazine

Las Vegas 2022 - convention and etc.

Russ Wood

Frequent Poster
Company
Grey Owl Framing
After two feet of snow this last week, and everything else going on, I’m starting to think about the January 2022 PPFA convention, etc.

Is anyone else? What are you planning on doing at the show / in Las Vegas in January 2022.

(And what are the dates? Air fares are extremely low right now)

Robin Gentry MCPF

PPFA Coordinator 2020, Past PPFA President 2013-15
Forum Help Team
Competition Board
OAKS CLUB
Master Certified Picture Framer®
Company
B&J Gallery
Hi Russ! I am so ready for Vegas 2022. I have not heard dates yet.

I plan to attend as many events as possible, and walk the show. Also will be working the PPFA Booth.

As soon as anyone hears of dates Post them!

Adela Davis MCPF

Certification Board
Certification Board
Company
MD Sales
After two feet of snow this last week, and everything else going on, I’m starting to think about the January 2022 PPFA convention, etc.

Is anyone else? What are you planning on doing at the show / in Las Vegas in January 2022.

(And what are the dates? Air fares are extremely low right now)
Do you really think conventions will be possible again? I'm not being a pessimist, just realistic.

Robin Gentry MCPF

Forum Help Team
Competition Board
OAKS CLUB
Company
B&J Gallery
I think they will but they may look a bit different. Not sure yet what the requirements will be.

Mike Labbe

Administrator
Forum Help Team
Company
Get The Picture
Do you really think conventions will be possible again? I'm not being a pessimist, just realistic.

I think so, personally. With people vaccinated and 95% unlikely to get or pass the virus, it should hopefully become a non issue. (except those who dont) That is assuming new vaccine resistant strains don't become an issue.

We should hopefully be in a MUCH better place by mid to late June of this year, IMO. Everyone will have an opportunity to get their shots by then, and it should be a huge shot in the arm for consumer confidence. Then the next question is if this is a "one and done" situation, or if we will need annual shots as we do for the Flu.

What do you all think?

I had my first shot a week ago.

Russ Wood

Frequent Poster
Company
Grey Owl Framing
Yes, I think it will be different, but I’m thinking that things will be much better by then. And I can see / understand the reluctance on the part of some of the suppliers and some framers to have a show.

And I’m sure many of us will still be wearing masks, which means I won’t recognize anyone, until they talk. So it will be like meeting new friends, then realizing you have known them for years.

I have had both of my shots now.

Mark Kubo

New participant
Company
FireLight Gallery & Frami
Four months after the previous post by Russ, and things are not looking much better...

Some performing arts conferences are happening this fall. I just received an e-mail from one stating that they are exercising their option to require vaccinations for all attendees (except for those who have medical or religious exemptions - and they are encouraged to attend virtually rather than in-person).

Robin Gentry MCPF

Forum Help Team
Competition Board
OAKS CLUB
Company
B&J Gallery
This Pandemic climate is crazy! It is still a wait and see but hopefully sometime next year.

Picture Framing Magazine