• Welcome to the Framer's Corner Forum, hosted by the Professional Picture Framers Association. (PPFA)
    You will have to register a free account, before you can SEARCH or access the system. If you have already registered, please LOG IN
    If you have already registered, but can't remember your password, CLICK HERE to reset it.

Frame Specialties 25th Anniversary Open House.

Randy Parrish CPF

Frequent Poster
Certified Picture Framer®
Company
Parrish Fine Framing
This is not a PPFA Event but it deserves attention too.

16418_550462944978690_735780559_n.jpg

Comments from the Grumble http://www.thegrumble.com/showthrea...en-House-in-Novi-Michigan&p=884071#post884071

There was solid turn out I counted 35+ in Jim's first class. Len Lastuck of Frame Specialties/Kool Tac was truly great, very warm and engaging for meeting him for the first time.

The Great Lakes PPFA set up a table just like any other vendor there, we had never done a PPFA table at a event like this before and I would highly recommend it for all chapters who are able to do this. We made new connections and reestablished old ones, every effort brings us together as a community and we need to do it. It makes the online experience with framers better too. We decide afterwards to keep doing things like this and have this table set up at all our events. Nick Shaver in Jackson sent us all the applications and handouts, 2013 door stickers, PPFA pin and pens. John Barlow brought his 3 place 2012-2013 International Competition entry and his Contest of Champions entry. We had the new print entry on hand and package in clear bags with a info sheet on the art, we sold 5 of them at $40. I would also highly recommend chapter set up SQUARE accounts to their bank account. Next a nice sign with our logo to hang from the table.

The Great Lakes PPFA set up a table just like any other vendor there, we had never done a PPFA table at a event like this before and I would highly recommend it for all chapters who are able to do this.

Absolutely, Randy and thanks for posting this!

There was a time when the PMA prohibited PPFA from having a booth at the WCAF (long story and water under the bridge) - When the Advisory Committee implored PMA to allow solicitation of membership in a Framing Trade Association at the largest trade show for framers in the country, they finally acquiesced.

Bruce Aldridge said at the time, "I guess if you want to hunt squirrels, you have to go where the squirrels are." :)

I think the PPFA should have a table at all vendor open houses or other framing related venues.

I am not surprised to hear that Len was a gracious host. I met him at a vendor open house where I had set up a PPFA booth. He was great and encouraging. He loves hearing about framers' problems so he can figure out solutions.

Yes, the Frame Specialties Open House was a great event, and I was pleased to see the PPFA table front-and-center near the entrance. Len Lastuck is good friend to PPFA and framers of all stripes. He is also an innovator. His family runs a good business and makes good products.

Back