• Welcome to the Framer's Corner Forum, hosted by the Professional Picture Framers Association. (PPFA)
    You will have to register a free account, before you can SEARCH or access the system. If you have already registered, please LOG IN
    If you have already registered, but can't remember your password, CLICK HERE to reset it.

Fabric Postcards

Myrna Dow

Frequent Poster
Company
High Desert Frameworks!
For the past 7 years I have been taken the opportunity to be involved with Wendy's Wish, an organization that assists people with cancer and The Sisters Outdoor Quilt Show. Each year I frame at least 80 4x6 fabric cards designed by renowned quilters and also terrific amateur quilters and they are auctioned during the Sisters Outdoor Quilt Show. Together we have raised over $75,000 to help people struggling with cancer. At this point in time, I am busy framing the cards and getting ready for the show in July. This year, one of the instructors Rob Appell asked if he could use his framed cards for the Michael Miller (fabric designer) booth at Quilt Market. Here is a link to the youtube video http://youtu.be/KjK0rdmQMeE I love how custom picture framing adds to the complete design of the booth. I also love how I can take my skills and create something that is good in so many ways. Enjoy!

Hi Randy,
Yes, please spread the word. I enjoy sharing the story and supporting our industry anyway possible.

Yes Les, I have seen first hand how hard it is to negotiate daily tasks when a body is riddled with cancer and this is one little avenue where I can make a difference.

Back