• Welcome to the Framer's Corner Forum, hosted by the Professional Picture Framers Association. (PPFA)
    You will have to register a free account, before you can SEARCH or access the system. If you have already registered, please LOG IN
    If you have already registered, but can't remember your password, CLICK HERE to reset it.

Do you have a CFO (Chief Feline Officer) or CEO (Canine Executive Officer)

Sheila Pursglove

PPFA CONNECT editor Certification Board liaison
Forum Help Team
Company
PPFA
I know a lot of you have a cat, dog, parrot, etc., to welcome customers--we'd welcome seeing photos and hearing about them!
(and I could do a feature article for the PPFA CONNECT newsletter as well).
Feel free to post on this thread and/or email me at editor@PPFA.com!
This is Reba, my CFO (for my freelance writing business).

Attachments

• Reba copy.jpg
    Reba copy.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Susan Boni, Frames of Mine in Fort Lee, NJ sent me photos of her gorgeous Siberian Husky, Mika (Susan had some tech issues so I said I'd post for her!)

Attachments

• Mika and Ed in shop.jpeg
    Mika and Ed in shop.jpeg
    70.1 KB · Views: 1
  • Mika in shop.jpeg
    Mika in shop.jpeg
    95.1 KB · Views: 1
A "speed bump" - that's too funny, Jerry!
Our dogs and cats always manage to find that patch in the sun!

He was the best dog I ever had. My first rescue with one blind eye. He was a huge golden @ 110 pounds and as dossal as a pillow. I remember him with very small children who would crawl all over him. All he would is roll over for a belly rub.

I know a lot of you have a cat, dog, parrot, etc., to welcome customers--we'd welcome seeing photos and hearing about them!
(and I could do a feature article for the PPFA CONNECT newsletter as well).
Feel free to post on this thread and/or email me at editor@PPFA.com!
This is Reba, my CFO (for my freelance writing business).
D6E455DB-AEC9-4037-9E41-0A286183A23A.jpegThis is Mina. There’s probably a snow plough clearing the street so she’s on full alert. She’s been my “greeter” for 15 years now.

The kitty on my profile pic is Claude. He was the shop cat for 14 years. He showed up at the shop one day and stayed. He adopted us but we loved him to death. He had customers come in to check on him from time to time. Great kitty!!!!

Hi All -

We currently have 2 dogs at our gallery. My Rotterman (Doberman-Rottweiler) named Bella and Wiggles, my parents Huskador (Husky-Labrador). They are both very good with customers and spoiled beyond belief. They get along very well despite Bella being about 12 years old and Wiggles only about 5. Wiggles just knows to get off of the doggy-bed when Bella sits on her.

The first gallery pet we had was a cat named Tony back in the 80's, he would sneak out of the gallery and go next door to the health food shop looking for handouts. Tony actually lived at the gallery, unlike our pets today which go home with us.

Years after Tony, my parents brought their Boxer named Moose, who was large, but very well mannered. After Moose we had another Boxer named Cassie. About this time Bella joined us. After Cassie passed there was a stocky black Pitbull named Charlie who got along great with Bella. After Charlie passed my parents adopted Wiggles who is very skittish but gets along great with Bella.

We're a dog family, that's for sure, and one really nice thing about having your own small business is bringing your pets.

Bella.jpgsleepy Wiggles

Ty,

Welcome to Framers Corner!

Bella and Wiggles are lucky. We used to bring 2 of them to the shop also (Dundee and Freckle), but they both passed on in late 2018 at ages 15 and 16. The pups are wildly popular with (9 out of 10) customers. The first two used to have regulars that would bring things in to be framed just to see the pups, and would even bring them holiday gifts every year.

I had some liability concerns about having an animal in the shop initially, but it seems unfounded with a well trained non allergenic dog. (many are allergic, including me) If someone shows any signs of fear of a small dog, she has a crate in the back and will immediately go there; if told.

We're glad to have you!
Mike

Great photos and info about your pets, Ty--thanks so much for sharing! I've never heard of Rottermans and Huskadors. Too funny about Wiggles having to move when Bella sits on her.

Tony sounds as if he was one smart kitty, hunting down handouts- but I think my Reba would turn her nose up at health food. I'm afraid she's big on Temptations treats - just as in the commercial, she comes running as soon as she hears the rustle of the bag.

I love the creative names people choose for their pets! Over the years, I've had Skipper (Lab), Scamp (terrier), and cats: Tristan and Isolde (litter mates); Cassiopeia, Calliope, Charley, Bridgette and now Reba (Bridgette and Reba came with their names already from the Humane Society).

Thanks Mike & Sheila-

Yeah, those pups have it pretty good. I think Mike's metric is right, about 9 out of 10 people are thrilled to find dogs at the gallery, for the other's we have a way of stashing the dogs out of site, though you can generally hear them whining.

Funny story - my mothers hair dresser has been open for decades and on two occasions during that time he brought his dog in, and on those two occasions he was visited by a random inspection by the health department (he's still around, so I assume the inspector was dog friendly). So it is nice, that aside from keeping dog hair out of the artwork, there are no real problems with having our fluffy employees with us.

I'm still a little on the fence about pets in the store. And I love dogs! However, one thing pushed me much more in favor of having our little furry guys around.

I was visiting a store where Dixie the Boston terrier came in to work most days. The owner told me that the local paper had recently done a story about 9 to 5 dogs, and featured Dixie. Since it was published people were dropping by all the time to meet Dixie, and customers would stop by to bring her treats whether they had framing to do or not. Now, when the most common complaint we hear is "How do I even get customers to walk in the door?" I say that if having a shop dog (especially a Boston!) does the trick, then go for it!

Back