• Welcome to the Framer's Corner Forum, hosted by the Professional Picture Framers Association. (PPFA)
    You will have to register a free account, before you can access the system. If you have already registered, please LOG IN
    If you have already registered, but can't remember your password, CLICK HERE to reset it.
Picture Framing Magazine

Black Friday?

Mike Labbe

Administrator
Forum Help Team
Is your shop planning to be open for Black Friday?

We usually close on that day, and stay home. Any time we opened on BF, it was dead. We are open the day after, for Small Business Saturday.

Just start a discussion. Feel free to create your own, too! :)

Robin Gentry MCPF

PPFA Coordinator 2020, Past PPFA President 2013-15
Forum Help Team
Competition Board
OAKS CLUB
Master Certified Picture Framer®
When I had my retail space I would close. The first few years I was open and it was dead. I was able to catch up on some orders but I also had family in town which I did not see much so I decided to close and spend time with them.

Is your Small Business Saturday busy? Mine never was no matter how much I promoted it.

Mike Labbe

Administrator
Forum Help Team
We usually get 2 or 3 from SBS, but not crazy busy. Hey I'll take any free promotion I can get! :) We do put the carpets out, use the bags they provide, put the banners out in front of the building, pens and balloons, etc. They always send a bunch of marketing material.

Welcome to Framers Corner

Mark Kubo

New participant
During a normal year, we are closed for most of Black Friday and have one of our jewelry artists for a show in the evening after the city's Tree Lighting.

But this year, the weekend will fall during the 3-week "get COVID under control" period that our governor has asked, so we will be closed.

Mike Labbe

Administrator
Forum Help Team
We plan to open Saturday, but not if the governor closes down the state (as she has suggested).

I notice a lot of big boxes are going to be closed on Thanksgiving this year, which I think is a good thing.

I was wondering where Amex SBS was, because they usually approach businesses well in advance. They didnt contact me this year until 11/13, for the "kit" and marketing info. It seems very scaled back this year, compared with previous years. A few years in a row they sent us 3 large boxes with a dozen floor mats, dozens of shopping bags, banners, signage, pens, pins, balloons, etc. This year, it looks like a shoebox with some pens and stickers. I'll let you know when it arrives.

Mike Labbe

Administrator
Forum Help Team
ps: Amex is giving out a free wall mountable electric hand sanitizer dispenser, if interested (with batteries). We ordered one. It is on their merchant website. They are also offering cloth face masks, that have their logo.

Earlier this year they previously sent a "Back to Business" kit, with a big bottle of hand sanitizer and some marketing materials.

20201114_142744.jpg

Last edited:
PPFA Connect Newsletter