• Welcome to the Framer's Corner Forum, hosted by the Professional Picture Framers Association. (PPFA)
    You will have to register a free account, before you can SEARCH or access the system. If you have already registered, please LOG IN
    If you have already registered, but can't remember your password, CLICK HERE to reset it.

At-A-Glance Schedule: PPFA Convention

Sheila Pursglove

PPFA CONNECT editor Certification Board liaison
Forum Help Team
Company
PPFA
A quick overview of the PPFA 2014 Convention, Jan. 19-22, 2014 at Paris/Bally's, Las Vegas (concurrent with the West Coast Art & Frame Expo/The National Conference): Registration due to open later this week! Visit www.pmai.org/ppfa2014 for detailed information.

PPFA 2014 Schedule of Events

Sunday, January 19
Framing Oversized Art* Rob Markoff 9:00-11:00 AM
Corner Your Market Meg Peters 9:30-11:00 AM
Competition Celebration/Winner Announcements/Lunch/PPFA Meeting 11:45 AM-1:15 PM
KEYNOTE: “The Frame In America” Bill Adair 1:30-3:00 PM
CPF Exam 1:45-5:15 PM
Evaluating Materials* Hugh Phibbs 3:15-4:45 PM
Pennants, Patches, Medals & More* Joyce Michels 3:15-4:45 PM
PPFA Welcome Reception/Vendor Showcase 5:00-7:00 PM

Monday, January 20
Chapter Leaders Conference 7:00 AM-12:00 PM
Introduction to the MCPF Exam 9:30-11:00 AM
Introduction to the CPF Exam 11:15 AM-12:45 PM
Understanding PPFA Competition Judging 1:00-5:00 PM
Hinging Heavy Items* Hugh Phibbs 1:00-3:00 PM
Hire & Train a Great Sales/Design Team Kirstie Bennett 1:00-3:00 PM
Hinging Light Items* Hugh Phibbs 3:30-5:30 PM
Grow Business Through Local Groups Kirstie Bennett 3:30-5:30 PM
MCPF Exam, time TBD - location offsite

Tuesday, January 21
PPFA Competition Judges Annual Meeting 8:45-9:45 AM
Glass Enclosures for 3-D Framing* Jim Miller 9:00-11:00 AM
PPFA Competition Judges Update Class 10:00 AM-12:00 PM
Designing With Decorative Papers Chris Paschke 12:30-2:30 PM
MCPF/CPF Recertification Course 1:00-6:00 PM
E-Newsletters Made Easy Kirstie Bennett 3:00-5:00 PM
High-Tech Framing for Canvas & Textile Artworks* Jim Miller 4:00-6:00 PM

Wednesday, January 22
Mat Design Ideas & Inspirations for CMCs* Jared Davis 10:15-11:45 AM
PPFA Framers Corner “Ask the Expert Forum & Announcement of Popular Choice Competition Winners 12:00-1:30 PM

* Meets the requirements for MCPF Continuing Education Credit – open to all framers

Look forward to seeing everyone in Vegas!

If anyone has questions about PPFA 2014, or registration (which is through the WCAF site) shoot me an email at sheilap@pmai.org

Out of these options I'm looking at choosing the first one for $299

Buy a PPFA 2014 Convention Pass for $299* ($399 after 12/20) and get all PPFA education and events for one set price. Save more than $200!

Additional savings available by purchasing both the PPFA 2014 Convention Pass** and The National Conference VIP Pass for $499

Individual PPFA 2014 class pricing also available.

HOWEVER,

I'm confused about what this says:

*PPFA Member Price Includes:

- PPFA Classes
- Competition Celebration/Luncheon/Annual Meeting
- Welcome Reception/Vendor Showcase
- PPFA Framers Corner "Ask the Expert" forum, with announcement of competition Popular choice winners

NOT INCLUDED:
Certification Courses/Exams and WCAF National Conference sessions. Does this mean that I have to purchase a WCAF National Conference pass and sessions separately? How and where do I choose these classes?

**With a PPFA 2014 Convention Pass you must select classes/events in order to get tickets and/or meal or drink tickets. What does this mean? I have 3 PPFA classes that I want to sign up for.

And lastly my mom is coming with me. She is going to attend the convention but not any classes. Can she do this? What does it cost to get in the convention? Can she pay at the door or do I need to register her?

Thanks much for your help!

Out of these options I'm looking at choosing the first one for $299

Buy a PPFA 2014 Convention Pass for $299* ($399 after 12/20) and get all PPFA education and events for one set price. Save more than $200!

Additional savings available by purchasing both the PPFA 2014 Convention Pass** and The National Conference VIP Pass for $499

Individual PPFA 2014 class pricing also available.

HOWEVER,

I'm confused about what this says:

*PPFA Member Price Includes:

- PPFA Classes
- Competition Celebration/Luncheon/Annual Meeting
- Welcome Reception/Vendor Showcase
- PPFA Framers Corner "Ask the Expert" forum, with announcement of competition Popular choice winners

NOT INCLUDED:
Certification Courses/Exams and WCAF National Conference sessions. Does this mean that I have to purchase a WCAF National Conference pass and sessions separately? How and where do I choose these classes?

**With a PPFA 2014 Convention Pass you must select classes/events in order to get tickets and/or meal or drink tickets. What does this mean? I have 3 PPFA classes that I want to sign up for.

And lastly my mom is coming with me. She is going to attend the convention but not any classes. Can she do this? What does it cost to get in the convention? Can she pay at the door or do I need to register her?

Thanks much for your help!

Hi Sue, Delighted to hear that you're coming! Look forward to seeing you and your mom in Vegas.

I believe your mom can register online for a free trade show pass. It's $10 onsite.

We did the blurb about needing to select classes/events to get tickets, because some people think that if they buy the Convention Pass, that's all they have to do - but we still need a head count on each class or event, Pass holders are sent tickets for each event - as are people who buy a la carte.

WCAF/National Conference sessions are separate from PPFA Convention classes. Visit www.wcafshow.com - you can see the Agenda of different sessions and register for either WCAF and/or PPFA, a la carte or with passes or with a mix of both.

Hope this helps -- if not ask again! Or shoot me an email at sheilap@pmai.org

Can some please explain to me the DIFFERENCE between these 2 passes?

PPFA member - national conference 4 Day VIP pass - how much is this, what are the benfits and does it include any classes I take for free??
OR
PPFA Deluxe package (includes both passes) How much is this, what are the benefits???

It doesn't give me the pricing until I get to the check out. And I can't find anywhere what either of these passes include.

Can some please explain to me the DIFFERENCE between these 2 passes?

PPFA member - national conference 4 Day VIP pass - how much is this, what are the benfits and does it include any classes I take for free??
OR
PPFA Deluxe package (includes both passes) How much is this, what are the benefits???

It doesn't give me the pricing until I get to the check out. And I can't find anywhere what either of these passes include.

It is confusing because there are really two different entities operating at one venue. 1. PPFA which has it's own roster of classes and events, the PPFA vip pass will include a number of those classes, when you buy the pass you get either some of a lot of the classes "free" but you still have to sign up.

http://www.pmai.org/PPFA2014.aspx?id=24812

Q: Any special deals?
A: You bet!
Special for PPFA Members! Buy a PPFA 2014 Convention Pass for $299* (Early Bird) and get all PPFA education and events for one set price*. Save more than $200!

Additional savings are available if you purchase a PPFA 2014 Convention Pass and The National Conference VIP Pass for $499.

*Excludes PPFA certification courses/exams.

Q: What does a PPFA 2014 Convention Pass include?
A: You can register for any of these events at no additional charge – BUT you MUST register for all classes and events so tickets and schedules can be issued. (Sorry – no entry to class sessions or events without tickets!).

• PPFA classes*
  • PPFA “Competition Celebration/Luncheon/Annual Meeting, 11:45 a.m. to 1:15 p.m., Sunday, January 19.
  • PPFA Keynote speaker Bill Adair, 1:30-3:00 Sunday, January 19.
  • PPFA Welcome Reception and Vendor Showcase – 5 to 7 p.m. Sunday, January 19.
  • PPFA Framers Corner “Ask the Expert” forum, Noon to 1:30 p.m. Wednesday, January 22: includes announcement of 2 Popular Choice winners of the PPFA International Framing Competition.
*PPFA Certification courses and exams not included. All PFM National Conference classes are excluded.

Q: What if I wait to register?

A: Then you’ll miss out on the best discounts and deals at both PPFA 2014 and the WCAF Expo/National Conference – and you may find the classes you want are full. Early Birds get the best deals, and ensure a place in classes.
Q: Can I pay for sessions a la carte?
A: Absolutely – perhaps you can only stay for a day or two, in which case a la carte may work best.
But the best deal is by buying the PPFA 2014 Convention Pass, or buy both the PPFA 2014 Convention Pass AND The National Conference VIP Pass!

Q: What classes are excluded in the PPFA 2014 Convention Pass?
A: All PFM National Conference classes are excluded.
PPFA certification exams/courses are also excluded: Certified Picture Framer Exam, MCPF Exam and PPFA Recertification Course. Visit www.ppfa.com for information on Certification, a CPF Study Guide, etc.

2. PFM, Picture Framing Magazine/National Conference does the same thing. You get a number of classes free, food vouchers, and some other stuff.

Hi Randy,

Since I couldn't figure out (dummy me I guess??) what was what I started out the registration by selecting the PPFA Member for $299. I added all my classes that I wanted (9 total) and when I got to the check out it said $299 for the PPFA registration and then the total for each class I selected. So the total overall came to $861.50. I thought for sure I must be doing this wrong as I thought the classes would be included in the registration.???

So I went back and re-registered this time selecting the PPFA Deluxe Pacakge for $499, re-selected all my classes (this didn't save for some reason) and when I got to the end it just showed the dollar amount for my registration of $499 and the class total amounts $.00.

Is this correct? Do I need to do anything else?

Thanks for your help.

[h=2]Current Registration Details[/h][h=3]Sue Flynn[-][/h][h=4]Registration For[/h]
Registration ItemCost
PPFA Deluxe Package (Includes Both Passes)$499.00

[h=4]Workshops/Sessions[/h]
Date and TimeSessionCost
01/19/2014 9:00 AMMastering Mounting: An Introduction to Mounting Techniques (Lecture)$0.00
01/19/2014 1:30 PMMastering Mounting: An Introduction to Mounting Techniques (Workshop)$0.00
01/19/2014 5:00 PMWhat Customers Want$0.00
01/20/2014 9:00 AMHello WordPress! Hello Website!$0.00
01/20/2014 12:30 PMMastering Mounting: Creative Mounting and Laminating (Lecture)$0.00
01/20/2014 3:30 PMMastering Mounting: Creative Mounting and Laminating (Workshop)$0.00
01/21/2014 9:00 AMSensitive Items - Noninvasive Mounting Techniques$0.00
01/21/2014 11:00 AMUnleash Your Creativity$0.00
01/22/2014 10:30 AMNeedleart Framing A to Z$0.00

Back