• Welcome to the Framer's Corner Forum, hosted by the Professional Picture Framers Association. (PPFA)
    You will have to register a free account, before you can SEARCH or access the system. If you have already registered, please LOG IN
    If you have already registered, but can't remember your password, CLICK HERE to reset it.

Advice on Pricing of Couture Range mounts from Crescent

Przemyslaw Bzozowsky

New participant
Company
CHELSEA FRAMERS
Dear Framers,

We are a business located in Chelsea, London, UK and we are looking for any advice on pricing the 'Couture' Range of Mounts/Mat boards from Crescent.
They are a deluxe range of museum mount boards with special finishes and we can only buy in whole sheets.
We would be very grateful if any framers or directors have any advice when it comes to efficient pricing these high quality mount boards as to not effectively loose income. Due to the nature of the price (gold leaf mount is £152 for a single sheet) and the potential of clients ordering small mounts (30cm x 40cm) if anyone could share advice or have had any similar issues they may have overcome in this area it would be great to hear from you.

Look forward to hearing your solutions

CHELSEA FRAMERS

I have looked at the Couture mats like Museum glass and price accordingly consistent with my glass mark up. If someone orders for a small piece that is somewhat tricky. On those my thought would be to cover the cost and then make the profit on a future order figuring the rest of the design most likely consists of higher priced materials. They are really beautiful!

I have sold some of these, and generally for smaller pieces [eg. less than 16" by 20"]. I price for a minimum size of 13" by 16" and at this price I cover all of the related costs and make some profit.

As with all mats, I always hope to sell the part I don't use, but there is no guarantee, so I must always cover all costs, and also make some profit on even the smaller pieces.

As Myrna says, think of these as high end glazing. Yes, the price seems high, but for the right artwork it is perfect.

Back