• Welcome to the Framer's Corner Forum, hosted by the Professional Picture Framers Association. (PPFA)
    You will have to register a free account, before you can SEARCH or access the system. If you have already registered, please LOG IN
    If you have already registered, but can't remember your password, CLICK HERE to reset it.

A couple projects....

Nice Job! I'm liking small liners on oils more and more. My customers seem to be liking the idea too. The wider linen seems to be "out of style," but a small liner in a "non-white" color seems to be just the right touch sometimes. Is the first one a Roma?

Nicely done, Randy. I like the liner. We had a discussion recently about whether or not they were passe', but used well there is definitely a place for them, and this is a great example. I have sold more in the past 12 months than in the last 12 years, all of them small.

My aesthetic is, large frame small liner, small frame large liner. Probably pretty standard I assume. I too have sold more liners in the past year than the past 17 I have been in business for myself.

The first liner is Larson Juhl Flax #423964, the second one with gold lip is from Raphael's, and I had a heck of time finding one that was not discontinued!

Looking great!

Liners will always be 'just the thing' for some pieces, in my opinion.

Like your watermark too! In this pinterest world, I think that's a good idea for some projects.

Randy,
Lovely designs.
Do you straighten your photos of framed art in Picassa? I have Picassa but give my images to my "sig other" the graphic designer to tweak. I don't know Photoshop and really have too much on my plate to learn it now. I especially like how you put your shop name into the image.
Susan

Randy,
Lovely designs.
Do you straighten your photos of framed art in Picassa? I have Picassa but give my images to my "sig other" the graphic designer to tweak. I don't know Photoshop and really have too much on my plate to learn it now. I especially like how you put your shop name into the image.
Susan
Yes, of course you have to take a pretty straight forward pic to begin with but I have about 5 hours of experience in Picassa. The text is something basic that can be done. The touch up tool is a little difficult, I wish that was easier to use. I would like to invest more in photographing my framing, with a area to shoot, lights and stuff. Right now it's all on my Droid phone. I do have a better camera, but my phone is always there.

I've been using Picnik for over a year and really like it. The stand alone site will be going away since it is now integrated with Google+.
It is very easy to straighten anything in that.

'Gimp' is a free program that does almost everything that Photoshop does including correction of barrel distortion, pincushion distortion and perspective distortion. There are You-Tube video tutorials that show how to do it.

Back