• Welcome to the Framer's Corner Forum, hosted by the Professional Picture Framers Association. (PPFA)
    You will have to register a free account, before you can SEARCH or access the system. If you have already registered, please LOG IN
    If you have already registered, but can't remember your password, CLICK HERE to reset it.

“Early Bird” Convention pricing ends Dec. 20

Sheila Pursglove

PPFA CONNECT editor Certification Board liaison
Forum Help Team
Company
PPFA
Snooze and you lose!

Only 10 days left for discounted pricing for the PPFA 2014 Convention and the West Coast Art & Frame (WCAF) Expo/The National Conference. The 2 events run concurrent January 19-22, 2014, at Paris and Bally’s in Vegas.

You can attend classes and special events at both – with a PPFA Convention pass and/or WCAF VIP pass, or you can pay for classes a la carte.

PPFA speakers include Bill Adair, Kirstie Bennett, Ellen Collins, Jared Davis, Meg Peters Glasgow, David Lantrip, Rob Markoff, Joyce Michels, Jim Miller, Chris Paschke, Hugh Phibbs, and Linda Pujo.

This is a hectic retail season – but don’t miss the boat on discounted pricing!

Click here for information on PPFA 2014 – then follow the Registration information that will take you to the WCAF Registration page.

See you in Vegas!

2 more days to get the early bird discount!

Also, several PPFA sessions are already in the 30s even at this early date - and can usually only take 60-70. So to avoid disappointment, take a few moments and read about PPFA 2014, then click on the Registration tab.

(Registration is through the WCAF/PFM site).

re: show schedule
It is not prudent for us to purchase the full/VIP plans. We studied the show website are unclear where to find the "per event" pricing schedule. I recall from reviewing this a few months ago, that some functions were vendor promoted as marketing functions, and therefore gratis. I can no longer locate this link on the GUI or perhaps deleted? Hence this information is important to our planning.

I am uncertain also if ANY of the events on Sunday 19th are open to PPFA members without a VIP/pass, or if they require the $300+ ish plan purchase. Can someone explain if either the keynote or the supplier event (Larson sponsored) are open functions or if they the require convention passes? When I called PPFA they did not know the answer surprisingly

This effects our airline reservations.

thank you

I believe the individual prices for each event will appear, after you add them to your shopping cart. (if you don't have a VIP pass in there already)

You can remove items from the cart, prior to checkout.

Yes it is a bit confusing - but miles ahead of last year's system! :)

Mike

re: show schedule
It is not prudent for us to purchase the full/VIP plans. We studied the show website are unclear where to find the "per event" pricing schedule. I recall from reviewing this a few months ago, that some functions were vendor promoted as marketing functions, and therefore gratis. I can no longer locate this link on the GUI or perhaps deleted? Hence this information is important to our planning.

I am uncertain also if ANY of the events on Sunday 19th are open to PPFA members without a VIP/pass, or if they require the $300+ ish plan purchase. Can someone explain if either the keynote or the supplier event (Larson sponsored) are open functions or if they the require convention passes? When I called PPFA they did not know the answer surprisingly

This effects our airline reservations.

thank you

Hi Bennett, you certainly don't have to purchase the full pass(es), either PPFA or WCAF VIP, although those are great deals.

All the events can be purchased individually. When you register, click on Item Selection and pick WCAF Expo trade show pass & individual sessions.

The PPFA keynote, The Frame In America, with speaker Bill Adair, is 1:30 to 3:00 and the individual pricing is $70 for PPFA members. We'd love to see you at this session, Bill is an incredible speaker!

I'm not sure what supplier event you're referring to? PPFA has a Welcome to Vegas Reception and Vendor Showcase from 5 to 7 on Sunday; $10 for PPFA members.

Hope this helps! Put any questions here for me, or email me at sheilap@pmai.org.

Hi Bennett,

Hope this is not to late to help. As Shelia said pick the WCAF trade show and individual sessions. After you pick the WCAF trade show and individual sessions you are taken to another page with 2 choices, do not remember the wording but pick the one that is trade show and classes. Then you go to a listing of the classes and prices. It does list a lot of the free vendor sponsored events on the selection page. I am taking a few of these as time permits, I have a pretty busy schedule so not a lot of time to take advantage of the full pass. Hope to see you there!

Robin

Back