• Welcome to the Framer's Corner Forum, hosted by the Professional Picture Framers Association. (PPFA)
    You will have to register a free account, before you can SEARCH or access the system. If you have already registered, please LOG IN
    If you have already registered, but can't remember your password, CLICK HERE to reset it.

2020 plans for PPFA

Sarah Beckett MCPF

Frequent Poster
Master Certified Picture Framer®
Company
SB Framing Gallery
Good afternoon,

Due to conflict, I was not able to attend the PPFA/ WCAF conference this year. I would like to know the state of our organization as well as plans for the association for 2020 and the future.

thank you for the update
Sarah

Hello Sarah,

The Convention was a blast, sorry you were unable to attend.

PPFA is moving forward.

We have updated our membership database and are getting our Certification Database updated.

We have completed a first revision of the CPF Exam and continuing to work on the Exam and study material to make sure all the questions are referenced in the study material. A New CPF Study Guide will be upload shortly to the online bookstore.

PPFA is working on webinars and hope to have the first one available by mid year if not sooner.

We also are working on additional regional events similar to the one held last October in Washington DC

We will be working to contact members and lapsed members over the next year.

We are working on framing classes which we hope to roll out late this year or early next year.

We will continue to provide PPFA Connect as an online newsletter on a monthly basis

We will hold the Certification Exam throughout the year as needed by members

We will hold the Competition, Digital Competition Entry will be April 1 through July 31 with the International Finals being held in January 2021

We have a PPFA Coordinator (Robin Gentry), an Educational Coordinator (Paul MacFarland), and a Competition Coordinator (Chris Paschke)

We do have the Certification Board and Competition Board

We also are awarding Scholarships this year, application Deadline September 15, 2020

We plan to work on reinstating our Awards Program this year

Oh and we do have a PPFA Phone number for anyone needing to contact PPFA 848-444-5138 or email, rgentry@ppfa.com or info@ppfa.com

So as you can see we have things moving forward. We are always looking for suggestions and people willing to help out.

I hope this helps to answer some questions. Feel free to contact me

Robin Gentry

Just wanted to give a quick update. We are holding our first online CPF Study Group beginning tonight 5/5/2020. If you are interested in taking the CPF and would like to be placed on a waiting list for future Study Groups email certification@ppfa.com for information

We are also getting the PPFA Directory updated so if you are a PPFA member and do not have a listing on the Directory email info@ppfa.com for more information, we need your help to update this consumer directory!!!!!

Back