• Welcome to the Framer's Corner Forum, hosted by the Professional Picture Framers Association. (PPFA)
    You will have to register a free account, before you can SEARCH or access the system. If you have already registered, please LOG IN
    If you have already registered, but can't remember your password, CLICK HERE to reset it.

James Cook Obituary

Gregory K. Norris CPF

RIP Past PPFA President 2016-2018
Certified Picture Framer®

In Remembrance

Rest In Peace

Company
Huntington Hall of Frames
I am sad to report the passing of James R. Cook, GCF, of North Canton, Ohio. He was the owner of Cooks Art Supply and Framig and was a long-time member and past president of the Ohio Chapter of PPFA. His obituary follows:

James R. Cook, age 67, of North Canton, passed away on Saturday, September 7, 2019 of a sudden heart attack. He was born in Bellaire, Ohio on October 12, 1951 to the late James and Carolyn (Sherwood) Cook. He was a 1969 graduate of Oakwood High School. Jim was looking forward to attending his 50th Oakwood High School class reunion this coming October. He was the founder and owner of Cook’s Art Supply and Framing in North Canton.

He leaves his daughter, Christabelle Cook and sister, Dana Bennett of North Canton. Jim was proud of his service to our country where he served as a US Marine and later in the Marine Reserves. He was employed by the O’Neil’s Department Store in the security dept. before founding Cook’s Art Supply and Framing in 1976. Which he ran for 43 years. His business and his family and friends was what he was most proud. He was one of a few guild certified framers and held many awards for his innovative work and numerous contributions to the Guild’s publications.

Mr. Cook was very proud of his contributions to the local art community assisting students and local artists and sponsoring several PBS programs. He had a great appreciation for all of his customers, he considered them more than customers ... all as friends. He loved his iconic “Red” store in Canton and had a great love of sailing. He had plans to sail around the world when he retired. In his words, “see y’all later, goin’ sailin’”.

Calling hours will be held Friday from 4-6pm at Reed Funeral Home NORTH CANTON CHAPEL, 801 Pittsburg Ave. NW. A brief time of sharing will begin at 6pm.

Jim was a great guy.
I never met him in person but I had conversation with him on the Grumble.
I called him one time to ask him about a product and if he might have it in stock and I got to talk with him directly.

I called him "Santa" on the Grumble because of his look.
I read his memorial page and I'm not the only person who called him "Santa"...
This was some conversation just a few weeks before he left us.
http://thegrumble.com/index.php?threads/hey-gumby.83420/#post-1077079

RIP Jim..

Back