• Welcome to the Framer's Corner Forum, hosted by the Professional Picture Framers Association. (PPFA)
    You will have to register a free account, before you can SEARCH or access the system. If you have already registered, please LOG IN
    If you have already registered, but can't remember your password, CLICK HERE to reset it.

Fred Horton

Robin Gentry MCPF

PPFA Coordinator 2020+ Past President 2013-15
Forum Help Team
Certification Board
Competition Board
OAKS CLUB
Master Certified Picture Framer®
Company
B&J Gallery
PPFA and the Framing Community lost a Great Framer and Friend this week. Many knew Fred Horton from his time on the Competition Board and working with the Deep South Chapter of PPFA. If you would like to send his family a note the address is Galerie Severn 4500 Shores Dr Ste 102 Metairie La 70006. His wife and daughters will be continue operating the business. Here is a link if you would like to leave online condolenceshttps://www.muhleisen.com/obituaries/Joseph-Horton-3/…

I was so sorry to hear of Fred's passing. I always enjoyed talking with him at our annual Conventions, he was always willing to jump in and help out, and to share his extensive experience with other framers. He was a lovely guy, a dedicated framer and long time PPFA member, and will be very much missed.

I didn't personally know Fred, but my thoughts are with his family.
I just saw this post and I'm going to ask my boss about Fred tomorrow, he's on the competition committee.
I'm a 50 year framer and there always seems to be a void in the Framer world when there is a passing.

So sorry to hear of Fred's passing. I remember taking his pricing class in Atlanta when I first started in picture framing and visiting with him in his shop in Metairie, LA. He was always so enthusiastic about this industry and always willing to help others. He is greatly missed. It is nice to know that his daughter is continuing his business.

Back