• Welcome to the Framer's Corner Forum, hosted by the Professional Picture Framers Association. (PPFA)
    You will have to register a free account, before you can SEARCH or access the system. If you have already registered, please LOG IN
    If you have already registered, but can't remember your password, CLICK HERE to reset it.

Event Washington DC October 26-27

Robin Gentry MCPF

PPFA Coordinator 2020+ Past President 2013-15
Forum Help Team
Certification Board
Competition Board
OAKS CLUB
Master Certified Picture Framer®
Company
B&J Gallery
PPFA is planning an event October 26-27 in Washington DC! There will be 2 days of Fun, Education, Tours, Food and did I say FUN!!!! We are completing the details and will post more information soon.

Education with Bill Adair, Tour National Portrait Gallery, Smithsonian American Art Museum , and Society of the Cincinnati

Hi Robin:
Has the information on this event been posted anywhere yet?
Gail and I probably will attend, as we'll be driving up the east coast that weekend.

Thanks for posting the information on Framers Only.

A question...
Since Gail would not be interested in attending the classes, would I have to pay full price for her? She probably would want the tours.

For all interested here is the registration link for the DC Event. Seating is limited so be sure to register! We anticipate this to be a sell out. It is a great event. Hope to see you all there!

[FONT=&quot]www.ppfa.com/dc

[/FONT]

Thanks for posting the information on Framers Only.

A question...
Since Gail would not be interested in attending the classes, would I have to pay full price for her? She probably would want the tours.

With this event having limited spaces available every person attending will need to pay even if they only participate in part of the event. Sorry! Hope to see you both there!

Thanks Robin.

I will see you there. It will be great!

The hotel website only allows you to register for the two nights of Friday and Saturday, at an excellent rate, with a noon checkout. [$169 per night excluding taxes, etc., very reasonable for that location!].

However you can easily call and get it extended another night. My rate for the additional night was $252.89 including taxes, etc., which again is very reasonable for that location!] Just make sure they make a note on your reservation that you will be checking in on another reservation, so you won't have to change rooms.

Russ, We were only able to get a limited number of rooms for Sunday night due to a large event in town.

The Event is Almost Full. If you are planning on going be sure to register ASAP. It is a Great Group already Registered would love to see you there!!!

We have 2 seats just become available for the Event October 26-27 in Washington DC If you are interested register at www.PPFA.com/DC We will have 2 classes at Gold Leaf Studio with Bill Adair, Lunch at Kogad Courtyard, tour the National Portrait Gallery, Visit the Lunder Conservation Center, and tour the Anderson House at Society of the Cincinnati, with a Pasta Party on Sunday!

Hi Russ! Nothing formal but I am getting in Friday afternoon. I will send out a sheet with FYI and contact info soon.

Just want to say THANK YOU to everyone who made this Event Possible!

Thank you to Bill Adair, and Martin Kotler for taking time to share their weekend with us and provide information on the American Frame.

We visited Bill's studio, played with gold leaf, ate at Kogod Courtyard, toured the National Portrait Gallery - Presidents Gallery with Bill, toured Lunder Conservation Labs and SAAM with Martin, Visited the Anderson House, and had a wonderful meal at Gold Leaf Studios.

Fun Filled Weekend! Visit the PPFA Facebook page for some photos to check out our adventures - https://www.facebook.com/ProfessionalPictureFramers/

Back