• Welcome to the Framer's Corner Forum, hosted by the Professional Picture Framers Association. (PPFA)
    You will have to register a free account, before you can SEARCH or access the system. If you have already registered, please LOG IN
    If you have already registered, but can't remember your password, CLICK HERE to reset it.

Sorry to hear about the passing of Les Martin

Ken Tuvman

Company
Best Picture Framing
When I asked for help on this forum last year about how to use the Frame Square saw I'd acquired, Les reached out to me and asked me to call him.

With my phone in my hand - no FaceTime - he patiently spent about an hour or more explaining me how to use the saw - it was like magic - he asked me to hold a piece of moulding in my hand and patiently / verbally explained the process of using the measuring guide on left side to compensate for width of moulding, how to make the left cut and then moving over to the right side.

He encouraged me to attend the PPFA show, which I did earlier this year - I asked if I'd have a chance to meet him there but he said it wouldn't be this year.

I sent him an email a few weeks ago asking if he could show me how to do the math for cutting metal moulding on this saw and I didn't get a reply back. So now I know why.

I'm grateful I had a brief encounter with Les and that he selflessly took the time to help out a new framer!

RIP Les Martin.

Back