• Welcome to the Framer's Corner Forum, hosted by the Professional Picture Framers Association. (PPFA)
    You will have to register a free account, before you can SEARCH or access the system. If you have already registered, please LOG IN
    If you have already registered, but can't remember your password, CLICK HERE to reset it.

EVO Payments

We used them (under previous name of PowerPay) from 2006-2016, and since switched to Vantiv. EVO bought them out. When our contract is up, we plan to switch back to EVO. We switched at the time because EVO didn't have the chip and pin hardware available to work with our POS, and we wanted the safest method. Shortly after we switched, they came out with the new equipment. When we dealt with them in the past, it was very straightforward and was a month to month contract at the time. (I'm not sure how it is done now) There were no hidden charges and the rates were fair. I can't say that we are as happy with Vantiv.

This is something we need to re-visit soon, in our shop, to compare rates. Having it integrated with the POS is so much quicker and professional looking, IMO. Our shop was the first one to beta test and use the integration in January of 2006. Since then, all the big POS systems offer something similar.

I had some concerns when PowerPay was absorbed by Evo, but there has not been any noticeable change in my service or rates. Frankly, convenience is much more important to me than rates, since bank fees are just a part of my overhead and fully deducted.

I was pleased to see an alternative processor, but after reviewing what I thought was a very cumbersome contract, followed the method of inertia and stayed put.

While they are not offering it to me since I am an "old" customer, they are offering a chip reader to new customers, which makes now an attractive time to switch.

I am an old cynic, and suspicious of anyone who wants a long-term contract in order to provide a basic service. When I signed up with them, those many years ago, it was a one page sign-up that was very straight-forward. I'll be interested in hearing if they are still offering a simple and understandable contract.

Back