• Welcome to the Framer's Corner Forum, hosted by the Professional Picture Framers Association. (PPFA)
    You will have to register a free account, before you can SEARCH or access the system. If you have already registered, please LOG IN
    If you have already registered, but can't remember your password, CLICK HERE to reset it.

How do you go about finding employees?

Carrieleinicke

New participant
Master Certified Picture Framer®
Company
ARCH Design
Good morning,

I'm the Controller at a high volume custom framing manufacturing company and we are having difficulty finding quality framers to add to our team. I was wondering if the community here had any tips or tricks to finding a framer with experience.

We have been given the advice to find the right person with the personality fit and train them according to what we need, as the right framer may not appear for a while.

Which leads me to a follow up discussion point as to what is the best training to put a brand new framer through.

Thank you all in advance for your knowledge.

Carrie

Hi Carrie,

That is a good question. It is hard to find someone with experience or that you can train in a reasonable amount of time.

Talk to your framing company reps as they may know someone that is looking to change jobs and can refer them to you. Post on a job site like Indeed or Monster?

Maybe check with some of the local college art departments and see if anyone may need a job and any art groups. Wish I could give you a quick answer but I don't know of one.

Wish I was closer I would talk to you about the position but not looking to relocate :)

Good Luck!

Robin

Back