• Welcome to the Framer's Corner Forum, hosted by the Professional Picture Framers Association. (PPFA)
    You will have to register a free account, before you can SEARCH or access the system. If you have already registered, please LOG IN
    If you have already registered, but can't remember your password, CLICK HERE to reset it.

Framecon! June 10, 11 Two Day Don't Miss Framing Event!

Cliff Wilson MCPF

Frequent Poster
Master Certified Picture Framer®
Company
Framed In Tatnuck
New England Professional Picture Framers Association is hosting an event: Framecon 2018.

Early bird price $195!! ($225 after) You get 6 classes (out of 12), two lunches, Breakfast with a live Q&A session, and access to many vendors in a vendor show! This is a "don't miss" event in Worcester, MA.

Easy access from three airports (Boston, Providence, and Hartford), and right off I290 at the DCU Center (Worcester's convention venue.)

Reserve your room for FRAMECON now. Call for reservation and mention NEPPFA FRAMECON to get the special rate. Just $129/night.

http://hiltongardeninn3.hilton.com/…/hilton-gard…/index.html

New England Professional Picture Framers Association is hosting an event: Framecon 2018.

Early bird price $195!! ($225 after) You get 6 classes (out of 12), two lunches, Breakfast with a live Q&A session, and access to many vendors in a vendor show! This is a "don't miss" event in Worcester, MA.

Easy access from three airports (Boston, Providence, and Hartford), and right off I290 at the DCU Center (Worcester's convention venue.)

Reserve your room for FRAMECON now. Call for reservation and mention NEPPFA FRAMECON to get the special rate. Just $129/night.

http://hiltongardeninn3.hilton.com/…/hilton-gard…/index.html

This is great. I’ll be there. NEPPFA puts great events together. Thank you for that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I fly into Boston, what is the best way to get to Worcester Mass? I'm too old to try to drive in Boston.
Fly into Providence and then it's an easy drive up.

there is a train from South Station to Worcester, and I am sure (but never did it) there is a subway run from the airport to South Station.
But, the Providence route (or Hartford) then driving is much easier.

Logan (Boston) to Worcester - best driving time about an hour. The "new" tunnel makes it a pretty straight shot onto the Mass Turnpike and straight to Worcester, but there are potential traffic issues. It is all highway once out of the airport.

T. F. Green (Providence) about 1 1/4 hours easy driving (if you use I295) using I95 through the center of Providence can be a problem during rush hour, but you'd be coming in Saturday.

Bradley (Hartford/Springfield) about 1 1/2 hours straight highway shot.

I like Providence for cost/nice airport/drive, but they are all pretty easy access into Worcester.

P.S. Worcester airport is adding in May flights on JetBlue from NY. Connections are possible, but haven't checked them out. American is adding flights from Phillie in the Fall, so that will be an option next year.

Fly into Providence and then it's an easy drive up.

there is a train from South Station to Worcester, and I am sure (but never did it) there is a subway run from the airport to South Station.
But, the Providence route (or Hartford) then driving is much easier.

Logan (Boston) to Worcester - best driving time about an hour. The "new" tunnel makes it a pretty straight shot onto the Mass Turnpike and straight to Worcester, but there are potential traffic issues. It is all highway once out of the airport.

T. F. Green (Providence) about 1 1/4 hours easy driving (if you use I295) using I95 through the center of Providence can be a problem during rush hour, but you'd be coming in Saturday.

Bradley (Hartford/Springfield) about 1 1/2 hours straight highway shot.

I like Providence for cost/nice airport/drive, but they are all pretty easy access into Worcester.

P.S. Worcester airport is adding in May flights on JetBlue from NY. Connections are possible, but haven't checked them out. American is adding flights from Phillie in the Fall, so that will be an option next year.

Thanks Cliff.

I had looked at T.F. Green. I fly there visiting one of my corporate customers quite often, but the problem is I am a preferred flyer with United [1.8 million actual miles] so I get preferred seating, and an occasional upgrade.

With United, I have to make a connection for Providence. I can have a 3.5 hour direct flight to Boston from Denver, or an 7 hour flight - including waiting while changing planes in Dulles or Chicago - if I go to Providence. And Bradley is not an option with United.

Well, there is a way to use the train, but I think you'd be surprised how easy it is to take the Ted Williams Tunnel to the Mass Pike.

Well, there is a way to use the train, but I think you'd be surprised how easy it is to take the Ted Williams Tunnel to the Mass Pike.

Thanks Cliff.

I know it will be a great event. Great speakers. And particularly Linda Wassell. Yes I do lots of colored bevels, decorative papers, ink lines and other things, but no one does fluid panels like her. I learn something new from her every time I take one of her classes.

If I flew on Southwest I would certainly fly into Providence. I will look at renting a car in Boston, then.

I'm not sure if I can go, but I figured I need to start looking at options so once I can make a decision, I am all set.

Again, thanks.

Back