• Welcome to the Framer's Corner Forum, hosted by the Professional Picture Framers Association. (PPFA)
    You will have to register a free account, before you can SEARCH or access the system. If you have already registered, please LOG IN
    If you have already registered, but can't remember your password, CLICK HERE to reset it.

Cancelled Classes

Russ Wood

Frequent Poster
Company
Grey Owl Framing
I received an email from WCAF today saying "Unfortunately, this class has been cancelled due to low attendance. We look forward to seeing you an the National Conference. Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding."

It was signed "Powered by Cvent"

The email does not say what class has been cancelled. I checked my registration, and this shows I'm still registered for all of my classes.

I go to the WCAF Expo under the CrownCompass by Cvent app on my phone, and it shows my time slots for my classes are all filled based on what I registered for.

As all except one of my classes is from the PPFA side (10 out of 11??), I am assuming the cancelled class is a PPFA class. can anyone tell me what class has been cancelled?

I would like to get a replacement class on my schedule, if possible.

thanks

Someone else received that email today, too. I checked on their website and nothing says "Cancelled" yet. Hopefully Sheila will know.

As I said on Facebook, the same thing happened to Amanda.
She emailed someone at Hobbypub, but hasn't heard back.

I may not have the names exactly, but Amanda only signed up for two classes.

Hugh's - something about Dealing with Disasters
and
the one about Frame Shop efficiency.

Do either of those line up with your's Russ?

The 3 PPFA sessions I know of (I don't know National Conference) are:

Hugh Phibbs Disasters: Before/During/After
Meghan MacMillan Creative matting
David Lantrip Magic of mat boards

Unfortunately, sometimes fantastic sessions and speakers are up against other top draws - and there's only so much that people can get to attend. The WCAF team have to make a call even this far out, as they have to look at rooms, AV etc.

On the other hand, some PPFA classes are already at capacity and closed.

If you have questions, send me an IM on here, and I'll do my best to get answers.

I know in at least one case, the PPFA class with a member code was canceled but there is another code for non members, with a P, and still looked active. I'm sure the website will catch up ASAP. I know the team was busy today loading the truck for Vegas.

I hope this info helps! Disappointing if you were booked for these great classes, but there are plenty of other terrific sessions!

~Sheila

Thanks for the Information Sheila.

Yes, all 3 would have been great classes. And these 3 classes, in my opinion, are at the higher level of quality than most. It is unfortunate that others, for what ever reasons, could not sign up for these 3 exceptional classes, and speakers.

I am sure that everyone with WCAF is really busy now packing everything up and getting on their way to Las Vegas, and their website will get up to date in a few days.

Back