• Welcome to the Framer's Corner Forum, hosted by the Professional Picture Framers Association. (PPFA)
    You will have to register a free account, before you can SEARCH or access the system. If you have already registered, please LOG IN
    If you have already registered, but can't remember your password, CLICK HERE to reset it.

2018 PPFA Convention

Russ Wood

Frequent Poster
Company
Grey Owl Framing
I know it is early but I am already looking forward to the 2018 PPFA Convention, and trying to work it into my budget plans.

Will the primary PPFA hotel still be Bally's? Will there be special hotel rates for PPFA members, or will we need to sign up for the Paris Hotel through the WCAF? I was checking and the average hotel rate at Bally's is over $200.00 per night [including their resort rate, non convention but with the Caesars Total Reward]. The WCAF convention rate for the Paris is much better.

Thanks.

Hi Russ!

I have already booked plane tickets. The rates were very good and I got round trip from Tn for about $300.

Ballys will be the PPFA hotel. There will be special rates lower than the $200 per night but I am not sure what they are. The details are still being worked out. Stay tuned for more info in the next month or so.

Robin

Hi Russ!

I have already booked plane tickets. The rates were very good and I got round trip from Tn for about $300.

Ballys will be the PPFA hotel. There will be special rates lower than the $200 per night but I am not sure what they are. The details are still being worked out. Stay tuned for more info in the next month or so.

Robin

Thanks Robin.

As it looks like the hotels will be higher than last year by a little more than I expected. I will start adding $5.00 more to each framing job from here on, to cover my 'education expenses' and I will still come out ahead.

I'm holding off on airline tickets for now because they are non-refundable, but tentatively I'm planning on coming in Saturday and leaving Thursday.

I know a lot of framers leave on Wednesday, but that means they end up missing some of the great classes on Wednesday, and the special deals that some of the suppliers have on the last day. Leaving early on Thursday also makes it easier for connections going EAST.

Looking forward to another great convention! See you there.

There are a couple of conventions booked in Vegas at the same time as WCAF.
One is the World of Concrete, which is huge.
Don't expect low cost rooms this year.
I expect the block that WCAF/PPFA have will be the best rate.

Back