• Welcome to the Framer's Corner Forum, hosted by the Professional Picture Framers Association. (PPFA)
    You will have to register a free account, before you can SEARCH or access the system. If you have already registered, please LOG IN
    If you have already registered, but can't remember your password, CLICK HERE to reset it.

William Parker

Robin Gentry MCPF

PPFA Coordinator 2020+ Past President 2013-15
Forum Help Team
Certification Board
Competition Board
OAKS CLUB
Master Certified Picture Framer®
Company
B&J Gallery
Hello,

For those of you who knew and remember William Parker I wanted to pass along he has passed away earlier today. I am waiting to find out details and will post them when I find out.

Please keep his family in your thoughts and prayers.

William was a wonderful person and a good friend.

Robin

For any one in the area that may be able to attend.

The memorial service will be this Saturday, July 29th at 11 am at the First Baptist Church in Fort Payne, AL. The address is: 304 11th Street SE Fort Payne, AL 35967, We will all come together to celebrate the blessings that he brought to our lives over the years.

I didn't know William Parker but I looked at some of his history.
He is a part of our framing history and a Keystone for us to do what we do.

I found him also on the Grumble and looked at some of his posts.
He has left some pretty big shoes to fill.

I thank him for being another one of us who strived for doing our job in the best way possible.

R.I.P. William.

I had heard that William was having serious health issues and it is very sad to see that he has now departed us.

He was a dedicated, hard working individual with a Southern charm who always had a smile for anyone and everyone. He took up positions of leadership during difficult times.

Thank you William for your industry and association service and for your friendship. You are indeed a gentleman and will be missed by many.

John

P.S. If anyone attends his service in Alabama, I would love to hear more...

This is truly sad news. I hope to see a memorial dedicated to him - perhaps in PFM or on the PPFA site.

His interest and impact on education was strong. He helped write our 'Guidelines'. In that vein, perhaps a scholarship could be created in his name?

If anyone has an obituary, could they post?

Robin, Thanks for letting us know of this sad news. It will allow all of us that were privileged to know William to remember fond times with not only a mentor to many of us in this industry but more importantly to a friend. RIP William, you were one of a kind. Mike

I am so sorry to hear about his passing. He was a kind and wise man with whom it was a delight to talk. Such sad news.
Thank you, Robin, for letting us know.

Mikki made some calls today and the delivery address for flowers is 106 Grand Ave NW Fort Payne Al 35967. The Service is Saturday.

Another thought would be if anyone would be interested in funding something for PPFA maybe donations could be sent to PPFA in memory of William? note to fund, education or scholarship?

Back