• Welcome to the Framer's Corner Forum, hosted by the Professional Picture Framers Association. (PPFA)
    You will have to register a free account, before you can SEARCH or access the system. If you have already registered, please LOG IN
    If you have already registered, but can't remember your password, CLICK HERE to reset it.

CPF/MCPF Recertification- Are you due?

Ellen Collins MCPF

PPFA Vice President
Master Certified Picture Framer®
Company
Howard's
CPF and MCPF designation holders are required to take an authorized Recertification Course once every four years.

• The Recertification Course is an educational program. It is not a test, but a course to share new knowledge and techniques.

Check your CPF or MCPF certificate to see if you are due to recertify. You are responsible for staying current – make sure you don’t lose your designation!

A Recertification course is offered each year at January’s PPFA Annual Convention, and sometimes at Chapters. Recertification instructors are MCPFs who have completed a protocol in order to be certified to teach the course.

PPFA also offers a convenient course on a thumb drive for the same PPFA member price as the onsite course: $195 US. The thumb drive is yours to keep. You can use it for reference and for staff education.

Sign up for Recertification in the PPFA online store: select Certification in the “Select a Catalog” drop down menu.

https://ppfa.z2systems.com/np/clients/ppfa/catalog.jsp

Any questions, email the PPFA Certification Board at certification@ppfa.com.

Let’s keep your hard-earned designation current!

Last edited by a moderator:
CPF and MCPF designation holders are required to take an authorized Recertification Course once every four years.

• The Recertification Course is an educational program. It is not a test, but a course to share new knowledge and techniques.

Check your CPF or MCPF certificate to see if you are due to recertify. You are responsible for staying current – make sure you don’t lose your designation!

A Recertification course is offered each year at January’s PPFA Annual Convention, and sometimes at Chapters. Recertification instructors are MCPFs who have completed a protocol in order to be certified to teach the course.

PPFA also offers a convenient course on a thumb drive for the same PPFA member price as the onsite course: $195 US. The thumb drive is yours to keep. You can use it for reference and for staff education.

Sign up for Recertification in the PPFA online store: select Certification in the “Select a Catalog” drop down menu.

https://ppfa.z2systems.com/np/clients/ppfa/catalog.jsp

Any questions, email the PPFA Certification Board at certification@ppfa.com.

Let’s keep your hard-earned designation current!

What's on the thumb drive?
I'm I eligible to buy it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the question. It has a narrated PowerPoint presentation.

As to whether we sell it without the accompanying recertification, I will have to consult some folks for a final determination.

What's in the presentation?

Don't be sad, Mo. You too can be a CPF and learn their secret handshake. :playful:

The information and education is available for anyone who is willing to pay for and take MCPF certified classes. MCPF's are required to take a certain number of classes (that have been picked for their content, over a fixed time interval) in order to retain their certification. These classes are available to anyone at WCAF and The National Conference, and at some of the regional and Chapter events. I believe the qualifying classes are identified as such in the sign up information.

The Allegheny Chapter is including the CPF exam as part of their Annual Print Competition and Dinner on September 25, 2016 at the Club at Nevillewood. The event is located in the Pittsburgh area,close to I79, which is accessible from West Virginia and Ohio and New York. Details will be forthcoming. We are currently in the process of receiving the information from the certification board.

LOL

Tough crowd. I was hoping I can get it by asking nicely!

You did ask nicely, but we regret that Recert is part of the Certification track. We would love for you to join the ranks, not only for the education, but for bragging rights. My certification has closed many sales where a customer is waffling as to whether what I say is true (like glazing paintings or mounting needlework)

You did ask nicely, but we regret that Recert is part of the Certification track. We would love for you to join the ranks, not only for the education, but for bragging rights. My certification has closed many sales where a customer is waffling as to whether what I say is true (like glazing paintings or mounting needlework)

I wish I could. I seriously have not time to study and take a test. I don't think a CPF is ever in the books for me until I retire.

Just a reminder, now that we're in September -- for those folks who need to recertify by year end!

Back