• Welcome to the Framer's Corner Forum, hosted by the Professional Picture Framers Association. (PPFA)
    You will have to register a free account, before you can SEARCH or access the system. If you have already registered, please LOG IN
    If you have already registered, but can't remember your password, CLICK HERE to reset it.

Calling all Educators and Speakers

Russ Wood

Frequent Poster
Company
Grey Owl Framing
I'm putting together a list of potential speakers and educators that would like to teach at local chapter events, regional events, and national / international events. Initially I will use this list for our chapter events, but this list will also be used by the education committee as a basis for selecting classes for the International PPFA convention in Las Vegas.

So, if you are interested in speaking, please email me your name, contact information, and a list of the classes you would like to teach, and a very brief description, including whether the class is lecture, hands-on, demo, etc. Also include your speaking fees and related expenses that need to be reimbursed. And if you have a preference for only local chapter, or national events

Please send your information to:

Russ Wood / Grey Owl Framing
GreyOwlFraming@Gmail.com

Thanks.

I'd like to learn how to paint raw wood into furniture finish. Maybe someone can teach that.

I also like to learn how use a wood shaper!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I also like to learn how use a wood shaper! [/QUOTE said:
Same here! Sadly the wood carving class cancelled in Vegas this year due to bad snow storm! Any technique in dealing with raw wood (besides guilding, that's well covered) would be very beneficial!

I'd like to learn how to paint raw wood into furniture finish. Maybe someone can teach that.

I also like to learn how use a wood shaper!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last year Rob Markoff had a class on finishing hard woods. I don't remember the exact title. Basically, staining waxes that resulted in great finishes.

He is on an extended vacation in Europe right now, and I don't know if he is interested in doing any classes when he returns. However his classes have always been great.

Late to the table here - been kinda distracted :) Thank's for keeping my name in the hat, Russ.

I'd love to continue teaching, especially for the PPFA both at the local and convention level.

I'll be back at the end of September and raring to go!

Back