• Welcome to the Framer's Corner Forum, hosted by the Professional Picture Framers Association. (PPFA)
    You will have to register a free account, before you can SEARCH or access the system. If you have already registered, please LOG IN
    If you have already registered, but can't remember your password, CLICK HERE to reset it.

Masquerade mask

Sherry Pearl

Active Participant
Company
Newburyport Framers
I have an antique handmade beaded Parisian mask with a leather lining. What is the best way to mount this? I want to support it and have it look like it is still on a face. It also has feathers. 2questions really...1. What do I use for supports ? 2. Mounting method...
image.jpg

I usually attach a mask by the ribbons or strings that would hold it on one's head. Is that what those curled things are, coming out of the sides of the mask? If so, and if they are sturdy enough, I would use a 1/4" wide Mylar strap on each side, preferably tucked away under the edge of the mask.

If there are no protrusions sturdy enough to provide the needed support, then you may be forced to stitch through the mask at two or more strategic attachment points.

Back