• Welcome to the Framer's Corner Forum, hosted by the Professional Picture Framers Association. (PPFA)
    You will have to register a free account, before you can SEARCH or access the system. If you have already registered, please LOG IN
    If you have already registered, but can't remember your password, CLICK HERE to reset it.

Framing supplies or tool swap!

Logan Glass & Mat Circle Cutter - used only once or twice. Would be willing to swap for some blendal sticks. ;-)

10981211_10152727721553391_3312356423507584025_n.jpg

I will take that trade! That is one tool I have never tried and I am still a dinosaur with no CMC and I pile the big oval cutter up so high it takes a day to clean it just to cut a circle mat!

I used them for years to cut my circles and ovals until I got a CMC. There's a little learning "curve" :smug: but they work. I keep one for circles and one for ovals. I

I will take that trade! That is one tool I have never tried and I am still a dinosaur with no CMC and I pile the big oval cutter up so high it takes a day to clean it just to cut a circle mat!

Miki, post your ship to address and I pack it up.

Mine is

John Barlowe
Frame Shop Art Gallery & Gifts
909 S. McCord Rd
Suite #2
Holland, Ohio 43528

Mikki's Frame shop
82 Hwy 70 E
Crossville, TN 38555

greg this is a second set I got from a friend that retired. I have used th so little I can't see going thru 2 sets!

Mikki, I don't have any and was looking for something to trade so I could try them out. If you didn't like them, I figured I wouldn't even give them a try.

I am glad John will be getting them. I know he will put them to good use. He is a serious woodworker. If you have never seen the pics of when he made new cabinets for his shop, you should hunt them up. I think they are on Facebook.

...sorry for taking this off topic. If I am ever able to get back to my shop I will hunt up some stuff to trade.

I'm amassing a bunch of Keeton Kutter memorabilia, so if you have anything made by them you want to swap, let me know.

If you're really collecting Keeton Kutter memorabilia (and who isn't? :lol:) I have a 40" Keeton Kutter with optional Pohlmer mat gauge that I purchased new in 1981. I have the original manual.
They've been sitting in a closet since 1987.
Anyone interested in a swap?
View attachment 1100View attachment 1101View attachment 1102

That sure is a Puuuurdy mat cutter, Neil!
I don't need it... and if I did, it would be to frame it :)

Fun thread..... I'll look through all my stuff and see what I can come up with.

I have a set of fillet chopper blades, never used. These were the wrong knives for the chopper I had. So they have been in an envelope for several years. I am sure they are sharp, but likely need resharpening from all the moving around from place to place over the years. There is a slight chip at the very tip of one of the blades, at the end that will be furthest away from the fillet, so unless you are chopping a very wide fillet, it will not affect the chopping. I have no idea what brand chopper they fit, sorry..

I don't really need any particular framing item, so if ya want 'em.... you can have them and buy me a drink in Vegas next year, or offer up some other non-framing item you want to loose :)

Miter blade1.jpgmiter blade2.jpgmiter blade3.jpgmiter blade4.jpg

Neil, I have 7 Keetons and am interested. What do you have a need for? How about 100' of watergilded fillet in an ogee shape?
What is the serial number on that machine?
I have a 48" from that time frame, but it came with the Heavy Duty Mat Guide. I also have a Keeton-Cole with the prototype mat guide that predates that machine. Would even be willing to trade some cold hard cash if the price is right. My primary interest is in the mat guide on that one, but I know they come as a set. That and a Hendrixson head and I'll be ready to open the museum!

Wow, it doesn't seem like anytime (but actually 15 years) since I sold off my Keaton to buy a newer, shinier C&H. If I had known it was on its way to be a museum piece, I would have found room in the closet!

Back