PPFA Book Store Standards Guides
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: THE POWER OF PRESENTATION w/Christine Moynihan 10/20/14 Portsmouth, NH - NEPPFA

Registered Framer's Corner Forum Committee
    Advisory Committee
    Forum Support Team
    Get The Picture
    Lincoln, RI
    Registered
    Feb 2012

THE POWER OF PRESENTATION w/Christine Moynihan 10/20/14 Portsmouth, NH - NEPPFA

Oct 20, 2014 – Redhook in Portsmouth, NH with Christine Moynihan

Printable flyer for this event http://www.neppfa.com/minutes/2014/20141020-flyer.pdf

Christine Moynihan

Christine Moynihan has been involved in retail marketing and store design for over 15 years. She was Vice President of Brand Marketing for Clarks where she created marketing and visual merchandising programs to promote the brand in over 3000 independent retail stores across the US. Later, as VP of Retail Marketing for Clarks she led the team that launched Clarks company stores, first with a concept store in Faneuil Marketplace, then with a flagship store at Mall of America, ultimately opening 15 Clarks stores within 18 months.

Since 2000 Chris has consulted for a wide variety of retail businesses from bakeries to boutiques, cafes to convenient stores, salons to saloons! In addition to advising individual clients, Chris co-founded an educational program in 2002 called Best Retail Practices. This program advises retailers, restaurant owners and store front service businesses on store design and retail marketing. To date, she has helped over 300 retailers move well beyond surviving — to thriving.

>1pm-3pm:
    class with Christine Moynihan:

THE POWER OF PRESENTATION

Guest Speaker Christine Moynihan – Principal at Retail Visioning

Christine will present a 2-hour workshop illustrating best practices in retailing around store layout and design, visual merchandising, marketing and promotion. This workshop, called The Power of Presentation, features several interactive exercises. The program has successfully been delivered to over 1500 storefront business owners over the past 10 years.

> 3:30pm-4:30pm:
    Follow-up discussion

NO MORE UGLY FRAME SHOPS

Is your frame shop ugly? Does it have areas that need a little work? When was the last time you made a new merchandise display? In this one hour brainstorming discussion we will use our newly acquired “Power of Presentation” skills and evaluate identify solution for some well, not so good looking or dated displays. This promises to be an inspiring and idea filled discussion you can’t afford to miss. Moderated by: NEPPFA
    Events before 4:30pm require pre-registration. *

• Christine Moynihan 10/20/14 1pm-4:30pm events $45.00 (CURRENT PPFA MEMBER)
    • Christine Moynihan 10/20/14 1pm-4:30pm events $55.00 (NON-MEMBER)

You can register online at www.neppfa.com

> 4:30pm-6:00pm: Mix and mingle

• Tabletop vendor show. (up to 21 vendors expected, see list below)
    • Cash bar w/light appetizers served
    • Popular choice voting
    • Open to ALL/no charge. Why not bring a friend?

> 6:00pm-8:00pm: Evening general meeting

• Chapter board nominations and elections
    • Award of Robert Warshawer, MCPF CPF Scholarship
    • Door prizes PPFA
    • Framing Competition Results, 2014/15 Print Competition
    • Brief critique of each piece. (open to ALL)

The Robert Warshawer, MCPF – CPF Scholarship will be awarded at this meeting. The deadline for submission was September 15, 2014. For info contact scholarship@neppfa.com

* Online Class/Session price includes $2.00 per person online registration convenience fee. Your PayPal receipt serves as your admission ticket for this event. If you have multiple attendees, please change quantity in shopping cart. For those mailing a check, click image below for a mailable form:

CLICK HERE FOR MAILABLE FORM (PDF)

PLEASE RSVP FOR CLASSES BY October 13, 2014 (if mailing), or October 19, 2014 (if registering online)

Framing competition pieces must be received before Tuesday, October 16th. Please send to Newburyport Framers 3 Graf Road Unit 3 Newburyport, MA 01950

Meeting Location:

Redhook Brewery
    35 Corporate Drive
    Newington (Portsmouth), NH 03801-7852

NEPPFA SPONSORS: 888 Manufacturing, Archapex, LLC, ASAP, Craft, Inc, Decor Moulding, Don Mar Frame & Moulding, Elmer’s Framing Products, Evonik Cyro, Frametastic, Larson Juhl, Lineco/University, Logan Graphic Products, Max Moulding, Nielsen Bainbridge, Omega Moulding, Presto, Small Corp, Studio Moulding, Tru Vue, Universal/Arquati. Vermont Hardwoods

Framed In Tatnuck
    Worcester, MA
    Registered
    Feb 2012

Re: THE POWER OF PRESENTATION w/Christine Moynihan 10/20/14 Portsmouth, NH - NEPPFA

This is the kind of outside consultant many shops need.

I plan on being there!

The reps tell me my shop is one of the best they see.
    That is VERY SAD!
    I know I need help.
    If I have one of the best, then there are a LOT of us that need help!
    Don't miss this.

Martin's Gallery, LLC Est
    Hanover, PA 17331
    Registered
    Mar 2012

Re: THE POWER OF PRESENTATION w/Christine Moynihan 10/20/14 Portsmouth, NH - NEPPFA

"The reps tell me my shop is one of the best they see.
    That is VERY SAD!"

Cliff, You are a good person! That is one of the best motivational ways of putting something I've seen. Thank you.
    " You May Be What Ever You Resolve To Be"

High Desert Frameworks!
    Bend, OR
    Registered
    Jan 2013

What a great program! Oh, to live a few thousand miles closer! We all need help in this area. So much of the time is spent on framing and working with customers that it is difficult to find the time to work on other areas. I have a terrific spot for my shop and constantly struggle with window and front area design. My customers and guests often comment on how much they like the look of the shop but I know it could be even better. With every speaker, there is always a nugget of information that can be a game changer. Please share after your event about some of the points of interest given by Christine. Good timing for the holidays because this is when our stores really need to shine!

Advisory Committee
    Forum Support Team
    Get The Picture
    Lincoln, RI
    Registered
    Feb 2012

TIME IS RUNNING OUT- REGISTER NOW!

"Design is about more than whether something “works.” Lots of things “work.” A theater marquee with chipped paint and missing letters “works.” If the local strip mall has what I need, you could say its ugly plastic sign “works.” Each identifies my destination well enough to get there.
    What they don’t provide is delight, inspiration, fulfillment. I go there but I don’t love it. I enjoy roaming the galleria as much for its visual and aural ambience as for the products on sale, and it draws me back. I love beauty and seek it out. Great design creates atmosphere, mood, desire, experience — it lifts my spirit, stirs my soul, makes the world a more pleasant place to be.
    So yeah, we can follow the sign, sit, eat, move along. Or we can live. Design can make the difference." John McWade

The Power of Presentation
    October 20, 2014
    Red Hook Brewery
    Portsmouth, NH

Special Guest Speaker Christine Moynihan - Principal at Retail Visioning
    Christine will present a 2-hour workshop illustrating best practices in retailing around store layout and design, visual merchandising, marketing and promotion. This workshop, called The Power of Presentation, features several interactive exercises. The program has successfully been delivered to over 1500 storefront business owners over the past 10 years.
    1:00-3:00 pm
    "No More Ugly Frame Shops"
    Is your frame shop ugly? Does it have areas that need a little work? When was the last time you made a new merchandise display? In this 1 hour brainstorming discussion we will use our newly acquired "Power of Presentation" skills to evaluate and identify solutions for some tired and not very attractive displays. This promises to be an inspiring and idea filled discussion you can't afford to miss.
    We are looking for photos of "Ugly" displays. If
    you are willing share them for FRIENDLY critique and discussion please submit them to Harry Gaston . All photos will be kept anonymous.
    3:30-4:30 pm
    Presentation and group discussion =
    $45 per member - $55 per non-member

REGISTER HERE

Other items on the agenda:
    Vendor Showcase and Table Top Reception - Door prizes - Light appetizers served
    2015 Print Competition - Popular Choice voting and awards presentation
    Robert Warshawer, MCPF - CPF Scholarship will be awarded (Deadline for submission September 15, 2014)Apply here
    NEPPFA Board elections
    Friendship and Networking too!
    4:30-8:00 pm

Details and registration for this "don't miss" event are available at NEPPFA.com NOW!
    WE WILL SEE YOU THERE!

Prints for the October framing
    competition are still available,
    Don’t miss your chance,
    quantities are limited!
    More info at NEPPFA.org

6. PPFA Book Store 2016 Banner
    Advisory Committee
    Forum Support Team
    Get The Picture
    Lincoln, RI
    Registered
    Feb 2012

We still have a few seats available.

It's not too late to register at www.neppfa.com