• Welcome to the Framer's Corner Forum, hosted by the Professional Picture Framers Association. (PPFA)
    You will have to register a free account, before you can SEARCH or access the system. If you have already registered, please LOG IN
    If you have already registered, but can't remember your password, CLICK HERE to reset it.

WANTED Fletcher 2200-60 Mat Cutter

Liz,

I actually might have an 60 inch - F-2000 machine in Pristine condition for Sale.

I would simply ask that you make me an offer...shipping and packaging would be at buyers expense.

Keep looking for an F-2100 or F-2200 but know that I have this machine in storage.

John

Thanks, John. Due to infrequency of use and lack of storage space, I am re-thinking whether a 60" is a good idea. We might just make due with a 48". But, good to know you have one if we decide to go that route. Thanks again.

If you go with the 48 inch F-2200 - I have a very nice one stored under my bed. She comes with a spotless cutting board, dust cover, hand bar riser clamps, box of blades, toolkit, etc. Before going into retirement, her cutting head got cleaned and new springs and bearings were installed. Only reason I would part with her is a Wizard took her space in our shop. She will arrive at your doorstep delivered in her own Fletcher box (by FedEx) for $1,200 plus $65 shipping. Your new cutter will be on her way on the 20tth.

John

Plenty of options Liz.
You can buy both matcutters from the two Johns. If you buy the 60 inch, you can place the cutting head of the 48 inch on it and transfer the yellow and black measuring tape.
A sixty inch matcutter is the largest you can get and if you only have a 48 inch and suddenly need to cut something larger, you wish you had bought that 60 inch.

It's up to you, what is best in your circumstances and budget. The 2200 is certainly an improvement over the 2000.

Kai Vanuffelen said:
... If you buy the 60 inch, you can place the cutting head of the 48 inch on it and transfer the yellow and black measuring tape.

Well....not actually true as the F-2000 only has two bearings and uses stainless steel wear strips, while the F-2100/2200 both had three bearings and used a hard coat on the clamp. These are very similar machines but not totally interchangeable. Transferring the scales is probably not a good idea as they typically do not stick down the same way once removed from their original surface.

Kai Vanuffelen said:
...A sixty inch matcutter is the largest you can get and if you only have a 48 inch and suddenly need to cut something larger, you wish you had bought that 60 inch.

Actually the 48 inch machine in most situations is always a better solution as it will handle 98% of the oversized projects (larger than 40 inches). That statement assumes that you have a 60 wall cutter to size the board down before cutting openings. On industry average perhaps 2-4% fall in that 48-60 inch size range.

In those situations, it is always much easier to farm out the work to someone with a 60 inch machine or a CMC rather than dismantle your 48 inch cutter.

Kai Vanuffelen said:
..It's up to you, what is best in your circumstances and budget. The 2200 is certainly an improvement over the 2000.

As your main mat cutter....you are absolutely correct, an F2100 or F2200 is an improvement and better choice than the older F2000.

John

Back