• Welcome to the Framer's Corner Forum, hosted by the Professional Picture Framers Association. (PPFA)
    You will have to register a free account, before you can SEARCH or access the system. If you have already registered, please LOG IN
    If you have already registered, but can't remember your password, CLICK HERE to reset it.

Calling all MCPFs

If we research past FMO's there is an area where CPF's and MCPF's are posted:

for example ... The following framers passed the Master Certified Picture Framer examination during PPFA 2008 in Las Vegas, Nev., (still current after 6 years is unknown)

Malia H. Bolt, MCPF
Purple House Gallery & Framing
2335 Thompson Bridge Road
Gainesville GA 30501-1186
(770) 531-1818

Robin Gentry, MCPF
B & J Gallery
524 Nellums Avenue
Bowling Green KY 42103-1632
(270) 842-3801

Don Gottfredson, MCPF
LDS Fine Art Framing Group
1980 Industrial Circle
Salt Lake City UT 84104-4202
(801) 240-7455

David Marsh, MCPF
The Framing Studio
P.O. Box 180
Queenstown 9197
New Zealand
(03) 441 8414

Quentin Webster, MCPF
Framing Matters
4 Endeavour House
Captain Cook Crescent
Manuka ACT 2603
Australia
(02) 6239 4349

R. Ormond Williams, MCPF
Ormond’s Framing
7A Bellbowrie Park
Port MacQuarie NSW 2444
Australia
(02) 6583 2686

PPFA FMO Archives on PPFA's website seem to go back only so far .... In 2012 the following framer passed the
Master Certified Picture Framer exam.
Laurel Smith, MCPF
Wild Rose Gallery & Gifts
Cold Lake, AB, Canada

..... In 2013 the following framers passed the Master Certified Picture Framer exam ... (and no MCPF listings for 2014)

Mikki Kavich, MCPF
Mikki’s Frame Shop
82 Highway 70 E
Crossville, TN 38555-4831

Sarah Beckett, MCPF
SB Framing Gallery
409 E Buffalo St
Milwaukee, WI 53202-5801

Byron Ward, MCPF
7167 Svl Box
Victorville, CA 92395-5109

Last edited:
Found this picture if that helps.
Susan Young sounds right!

I tried to upload that photo, Cliff, but apparently I have used all my allowance and am not permitted to upload any more photos. I also can't find a way to delete any old ones. Perhaps the limit needs re-assessing? It seems to be 1000kb or 1mb, which, in these times is almost nothing!

There have been quite a few MCPF's in Australia since 2008, so I will try to compile a list and upload them too.

Ormond, There is a way to delete photos, but that isn't really desirable since the photos would disappear from your posts! You can get a free account on Photobucket and link to the photo there so that it appears in your posts just like always.

Mike is travelling to SE"s Frame Fest this weekend, but when he gets back I'll ask him about this and either get you instructions or see if we can't do something to alleviate the problem. You have some of the best photos and we wouldn't want to lose them!

Ormond, There is a way to delete photos, but that isn't really desirable since the photos would disappear from your posts! You can get a free account on Photobucket and link to the photo there so that it appears in your posts just like always.
There is no delete button on my 'Manage Attachments' screen. Maybe it's invisible to me?

Mike is travelling to SE"s Frame Fest this weekend, but when he gets back I'll ask him about this and either get you instructions or see if we can't do something to alleviate the problem. You have some of the best photos and we wouldn't want to lose them![/QUOTE]
I can use my webspace to hold the photos and link from there. I was just in a hurry this time!

This was in 2013 in Las Vegas:
Ellie Wollangk, Byron Ward (morning duo)
Mariska Kavich, Sarah Beckett (afternoon duo)

I don't remember Mike Drury; maybe that was 2012.​

Mike tested a few months after in Bowling Green. He would have tested with the 4 of us but he was very sick and could not test in January but he nailed it a few months later!

I took the exam on October 7, 2007 in Maryland, somewhere near Annapolis. It was a huge warehouse. My examiners were Merrill Grayson and Mark Klostemeyer. Diane Day was the proctor and also present were Ellen Collins and Megan McMillan. Four of us took the exam.

It was about 100 degrees that day, very strange for the East in October. The PPFA examiners were testing their pranks that day, seeing if hazing was a smart thing to do. After travelling 4 hours, they would not let us use the bathroom and we had to wait outside in the heat. We were greeted pretty rudely. Now I can handle anything but my mate not so politely said that these folks were not acting appropriately. I had worked so hard to get there and I was not turning around. What would I do with those ugly MCPF pieces? Luckily I passed and there were chocolate chip cookies for everyone. :smile-new: Ed still snarls when I mention PPFA.

I have not heard of any other PPFA hazing stories. :mmph:

My first exam was in 2004 in Chicago during the Florida hurricanes, needless to say I did not pass. In my defense our shop was in total upheaval, closed with damage and I should have canceled or postponed but I didn't. At that exam William Parker and Kerri ? and one other examiner. It was all a blur.

I took it again after our shop reopened in Orlando 2005......and passed. I'm I wrong in thinking Don Berkman was one of the examiners and the others I can't remember. As for text takers, Frank Wouters Jr passed and now is no longer in framing and hasn't been in several years. There was a girl from the west coast of Florida but don't recall her name.

Hope this helps

Not an MCPF. But wanted to post that we had 7 or 8 of ya'll in Hugh's class at Frame Fest. THAT was cool!
Voice in my head kept saying, "I'm not worthy, I'm not worthy".

Ya'll are rock stars! :love::love:

Okay, carry on.

... After travelling 4 hours, they would not let us use the bathroom and we had to wait outside in the heat. We were greeted pretty rudely. Now I can handle anything but my mate not so politely said that these folks were not acting appropriately. I had worked so hard to get there and I was not turning around. What would I do with those ugly MCPF pieces? Luckily I passed and there were chocolate chip cookies for everyone. :smile-new: Ed still snarls when I mention PPFA.

I have not heard of any other PPFA hazing stories. :mmph:

I remember that facility. The only reason I can think of that you weren't allowed in is that there were only two rooms: the one where the candidates did their practicum and the other where the examiners gave the results. I am sorry to hear that any one of the people there was rude to you, and I especially hope that one of them wasn't me! If it was I apologize, even if it is seven years too late!

Well, that wasn't me but I have made a couple people cry. When I was training to become an examiner I sat through two exams as observer/secretary and then Don Berkman and I teamed up for the next one. He let me take the lead in discussing the results with the candidate. All along I kept on hoping and hoping that the person would pass because it would really suck to have to break bad news on my first exam. And just my (and the framer's) luck that candidate didn't pass. That wasn't fun.

Then another one I was discussing the results and we were just about to the point of giving the good or bad news when the candidate started tearing up. I had to rush through the rest of it to let her know she passed before she really started crying.

Here are the MCPFs (present or former) that I am missing. I know I could call folks, but what fun is there in that?
Viola Baldwin
Jared Davis
Adela Davis
Stephen Gase
Fran Gray
Stuart Harding
Debra Hill
Fred Horton
Thomas Huston
Shirley Keen
Patricia Kinsey-Turner
Richard Kluttz