• Welcome to the Framer's Corner Forum, hosted by the Professional Picture Framers Association. (PPFA)
    You will have to register a free account, before you can SEARCH or access the system. If you have already registered, please LOG IN
    If you have already registered, but can't remember your password, CLICK HERE to reset it.

Road Trip... Burn Out Cure?

Les Martin. MCPF said:
Looking good, John. Get some rest.

Thanks Les,

Will do...thinking about a nap this afternoon, in fact! :D

Sorry that our journey had us in the north of PA and NY, otherwise a visit to your shop is long overdue.

On our return journey back through Woodstock, New York, we say this historical plaque in town - thought I would share this with you all...

10525765_10152469688755795_855217414249807110_n.jpg

John

I paid a little visit to see Rob Markoff at Artrageous! while in San Diego last month. (Rob's visited our business a couple of times.) We went to a nice burger place for lunch.

It's always interesting to see other operations.

You can tell that Rob gets more sun than I do. :smile-new:

Andrew

Andrew-RobMarkoff-July2014.jpg

Wow and you can write off the millage!

Hey Randy.... been home for a few weeks now, but I finally added the HOME - Conclusion to our Busman's Holiday Blog...

Home - 2014 Road Trip

BTW - It was about 3,400 miles... $500 in fuel charges and about $65.00 in Toll Fees. :(

Love traveling...but its always good to be home. Thanks to all who were willing to open your doors.

John

John's Busman Roadtrip appears as an article in the October/ November issus of Art Business Today published by the FATG. It is a good read with roughly the same photos.
The important thing is, the article is not about John and his wife so much, who only features in one photo in Randy's shop looking at maps. It is about the framers he visits, their shops and how they have managed to do well despite the economic downturn.

Well done John and Sarah for taking this trip. Do you have another planned?

Back