• Welcome to the Framer's Corner Forum, hosted by the Professional Picture Framers Association. (PPFA)
    You will have to register a free account, before you can SEARCH or access the system. If you have already registered, please LOG IN
    If you have already registered, but can't remember your password, CLICK HERE to reset it.

Wanted to Buy: Fletcher oval/circle glass cutter

Hi Sue,

Here are some images of the machine that I am selling.... includes all components including glass cutting head, Vertical cutting head, Border Extenders, Vinyl Cover and Video....

F1100ForSale_550.jpg

F1100VGroove_550.jpg

F1100Videoonmachine.jpg

F1100VGrooveCloseup_550.jpg

Do email me if you have interest one way or the other. If Sue declines to move on this offer, I am going to list this in the Classifieds...

Regards,

John

Kai Vanuffelen said:
That looks like a very solid and serious ovalcutter. Do they still make these new?

The Fletcher Oval Cutter F-1100 was discontinued a few years ago...spare parts are getting very difficult to find. C&H dropped their Oval Master machine previously and Keencut (UK) discontinued their Oval 6 machine. I'm pretty sure Valiani also followed suit.

CMC's partially were the reason but all the professional manual oval cutters have been dropped by their respective manufacturers leaving only the hobbiest machines remaining, and of course CMCs.

JER

Ok...I talked with my husband. He tells me the issue isn't cutting the glass it's trying to get the glass not to break when he's trying to tap it out. After breaking 5 pieces he finally got it. We cut so few pieces of oval glass but I was thinking it would be good to have a cutter. However, I was looking for something small as I don't have any space for another piece of equipment.

So, I'm going to end my search for this at the moment but I appreciate all who responded.

Thanks much.
Sue

Last year I bought a manual Fletcher oval/circle glasscutter, that scores circles from 4 1/4 to 21 1/2 inch and ovals up to 3 inches longer than their width. The largest oval is 21 1/2 by 24 1/2 inch.
It has the same cutting wheel as the Fletcher wallcutters.

The problem with cmc's is, that they do not score glass. Or do they?
Perhaps this was an oversight, or that small glass-shards can impede the workings of the machine.
Technically it has to be possible to score glass on a cmc.

Back