• Welcome to the Framer's Corner Forum, hosted by the Professional Picture Framers Association. (PPFA)
    You will have to register a free account, before you can SEARCH or access the system. If you have already registered, please LOG IN
    If you have already registered, but can't remember your password, CLICK HERE to reset it.

FOR SALE Fletcher 2100 Production Stops for sale

Randy Parrish CPF

Frequent Poster
Certified Picture Framer®
Company
Parrish Fine Framing
3940.jpg

Brand new condition asking $75 plus shipping (about $10ish) , these go for $186 new.

Kai Vanuffelen said:
Let's see if John R. knows about it. He's logged in right now. Hey John !!! Look this way please.

Hey Kai,

Logged in doesn't necessarily mean that I'm on the FC. :D I've got my laptop open at home...my PC running here...who knows :playful: where I am?

In any event, if the picture that Randy posted does accurately represent what he has, then you are looking at a set of Measuring Stops for an F-2200, the current Fletcher-Terry manual mat cutter.

The yellow scales are not only easier to read, but the line printing is a bit more precise than on the previous versions. :thumb: These Stops will fit on both the F-2100 and the F-2000 BTW.

Technically, this is what the F-2100 Measuring Stops look like...they also don't have the nicer softer knobs.

images

Regards,

John

Randy Parrish said:
...Throwing in a mat angle guide as well.

Randy,

That's a good deal! These look totally unused - new??

The Angle Mat Guide is no longer manufactured so if you don't have one and cut mats on a manual machine, this would be a great time to get one. Do make sure that it has the black locking pin (not shown in photo) which allows it to lock onto the Mat Guide.

Cheers,

John

For those that have lost this locking pin, does Fletcher still have these pins in stock, or is there a similar pin, that can be used as a substitute?

Randy's deal is very generous, 2200 stops and an angle thingy.

These stops are also easier to remove from the machine, then those on the 2000 model.
My assumption, was, that the 2200 stops can be placed on a 2000 cutter. Is the diameter of the main rod the same on all three models? In the same way, that the angle-guide fits on all three machines?

I do not have all three models, so can't check.

It's not for me. More in general in case someone needs a pin and lost the old one.
The truth is, I have an angle-guide, bought it for $200.- years ago and no longer use it, as I can do without.

The way I cut matboards is by drawing lines on the back of the board. No stops. I have them, but took them off and now they are gathering dust. I can cut all sorts of mats without overcuts simply by using the marks on the side of the blade-holder.

Of course, I shouldn't have written this down, since you are trying to sell them.
The accessories I do use are two springs, that hold the bar up, while shifting the boards underneath.
The other is a pair of metal blocks for alining the machine. Once a month I check for alinement. Mostly it's fine and doesn't need adjusting. Both accessories I think are indispensable.

Other accessories I have are a pin with a block, that you swivel for double mats. Have them in metric and imperial. No longer see a use for them.

I took off the right bar for straight cutting, as I square my boards on the 3100. The space created I use for putting double sided tape on for cutting double or tripple mats. I also have a green plastic supposedly self-healing board for cutting with a Stanley knife.

Anyone sarting out in pictureframing and is in need of a manual matcutter, a 60 inch 2200 is my recommendation. Not a 48 inch, because you are bound to cut really large mats at some stage.
Having said that, most of my mats are medium to small, so it will be handy to have a mini matcutter as well. The one used by demonstrators at trade-shows.

Do suppliers sell these short Fletchers?

Randy,

That's a good deal! These look totally unused - new??

The Angle Mat Guide is no longer manufactured so if you don't have one and cut mats on a manual machine, this would be a great time to get one. Do make sure that it has the black locking pin (not shown in photo) which allows it to lock onto the Mat Guide.

Cheers,

John

I have the pin, totally NIB, a set still available.

Back