• Welcome to the Framer's Corner Forum, hosted by the Professional Picture Framers Association. (PPFA)
    You will have to register a free account, before you can SEARCH or access the system. If you have already registered, please LOG IN
    If you have already registered, but can't remember your password, CLICK HERE to reset it.

Used Hoffmann Dovetail

John Heltman

Frequent Poster
Company
Picture Frame Shop
I am again looking for a used Hoffman Dovetail machine. If you have one the you would be willing to part with please send a PM with your information. Thanks! John Heltman

If you can't find a used one, you may be able to get a great deal on a "demo" machine at the WCAF. That's where I bought my machine and they included some wedges and other incentives to sweeten the deal. If there is a particular model you are after, a pre-emptive phone call may "reserve" the demo model you want to buy :).

Got it, now

Rob and John, Won the Hoffman. Now I need to order W1 bit (comes with breaker bar) and wedges.
What size of W1 do you use most? There are several too pick from. Anything else needed at this time?

John

Re: Got it, now

Rob and John, Won the Hoffman. Now I need to order W1 bit (comes with breaker bar) and wedges.
What size of W1 do you use most? There are several too pick from. Anything else needed at this time?

John

Great!!! Welcome to the club! When placing your order, in addition to what you need, ask for a free "assortment" sample bag - but I find I use the taller versions the most. I rarely use the Hoffmann for mouldings that are easily v-nailable. Also, they have a digital depth gauge tool that is very helpful is setting up a new bit- but be forewarned, it is not as simple as you would think it will be and allow at least 20-30 minutes and a bunch of tests to get it right.

Back