• Welcome to the Framer's Corner Forum, hosted by the Professional Picture Framers Association. (PPFA)
    You will have to register a free account, before you can SEARCH or access the system. If you have already registered, please LOG IN
    If you have already registered, but can't remember your password, CLICK HERE to reset it.

PPFA Wikipedia page

Please pass the information along to me and I will bring it to the board for you. You can PM me or email me at robin@bandjgallery.com

Thank you for everything you are doing it is GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!

Robin

Please pass the information along to me and I will bring it to the board for you. You can PM me or email me at robin@bandjgallery.com

Thank you for everything you are doing it is GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!

Robin

Robin,

Thank you so much. I have posted this morning an inquiry asking Wikipedia staff for help. Lets see what they say. Here is the link, not at all user friendly, but hopefully we could get an answer and explanation about what do we need to do. The more I read the official copyright policy the more I was confused. My question is at the very bottom of the page "Copyright violation".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Media_copyright_questions#Copyright_violation

It's good to ask. I just got a positive response. I may not have the time until next week to figure out procedure for publication photos, but the logo should be o.k.
---------------------------

WP:pERMIT has the procedure to follow to get a message to the OTRS team to show that you are authorised to release this under a free license. The logo could be used under fair use, but I don't know about the other image. Graeme Bartlett (talk) 20:54, 11 October 2013 (UTC) The PPFA logo (based on the website linked from the article) likely fails the Threshold of Originality, and thus is uncopyrightable and would be considered a free image, so that shouldn't even be a problem. (I would presume that the commons deletion was based on misclaimed ownership). --M[SIZE=-3]ASEM[/SIZE] (t) 20:57, 11 October 2013 (UTC)

More Wiki news in The Guardian this morning.

Cliff Wilson will create a special "sticky" post where we can communicate and work on further development of our page.

"Wikipedia has launched a new investigation of "non-neutral editing" on its website, blocking or banning more than 250 user accounts for a mixture of offences, including being paid to write Wikipedia articles promoting companies or products, and not disclosing conflicts of interest."

It is great to have a wiki page and be a part of this monster website:

"Wikipedia claims to attract 500m readers, making it one of the most popular websites in the world. The not-for-profit Wikimedia Foundation employs 150 staff to manage the site, including legal aspects, although the moderation is handled by its community."

http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2013/oct/22/wikipedia-ban-sock-puppet-pr

More Wiki news in The Guardian this morning.

Cliff Wilson will create a special "sticky" post where we can communicate and work on further development of our page.

"Wikipedia has launched a new investigation of "non-neutral editing" on its website, blocking or banning more than 250 user accounts for a mixture of offences, including being paid to write Wikipedia articles promoting companies or products, and not disclosing conflicts of interest."

It is great to have a wiki page and be a part of this monster website:

"Wikipedia claims to attract 500m readers, making it one of the most popular websites in the world. The not-for-profit Wikimedia Foundation employs 150 staff to manage the site, including legal aspects, although the moderation is handled by its community."

http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2013/oct/22/wikipedia-ban-sock-puppet-pr
I just made this thread Sticky. this means it will always stay at the top oof the Corner Cafe.
That way anyone can find it easily.
Please!!! let's all get in and make some small edits to this page. We need activity so it gets out of "new" status.
Thanks

If anyone would like to do a bit of research and enter a list of PPFA publications, here are the instructions. This could be a work in progress and we can expand and correct the list.

Our wiki page is here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Professional_Picture_Framers_Association

On the upper right hand side there are three fields: Read, Edit, and View History.

1. Please click on Edit.
2. Stroll down to the end of Certification paragraph (last line is of selected national testing programs]</ref>)
3. Copy and paste title, all characters please, === is a command for a title:

===List of publications===

4. Enter publications, here are several examples taken from another wiki page but this is the format:

* ''The Coherence of Gothic Conventions'' (ISBN 0-405-12650-6), 1980
* ''Between Men: English Literature and Male Homosocial Desire'' (ISBN 0-231-08273-8), 1985
* ''The Decisive Moment'' by Henri Cartier-Bresson, a DVD, 2007

5. Go to the bottom of the page and click on SAVE

Mira,

I was going to add reference to the fact that "Certified Picture Framer", CPF, and MCPF are all registered trademarks, and link to the US Patents and Trademark Office web pages showing those registrations. (note: according to the search tool, there is no registration for "Master Certified Picture Framer").

Is that the kind of thing that will be acceptable and/or helpful?

Thanks for your efforts in getting this page going.
-d

Mira,

I was going to add reference to the fact that "Certified Picture Framer", CPF, and MCPF are all registered trademarks, and link to the US Patents and Trademark Office web pages showing those registrations. (note: according to the search tool, there is no registration for "Master Certified Picture Framer").

Is that the kind of thing that will be acceptable and/or helpful?

Thanks for your efforts in getting this page going.
-d

Yes that would be fantastic!

I noticed the ® was not included in the current version. I was going to add it, but noticed that the USTPO doesn't show it as part of the mark so I decided not to. Just now I was looking at past edits that it was added to CPF and MCPF at one point. I didn't see where/who removed them, but am wondering if anyone knows with any assurance whether they should or should not be there.

David,

It was all me, I removed all the text and started all over again. This is what wiki editor suggested, and it worked. I just added "Publications" and "Chapters". This could be expanded and I hope the link for "Framers Corner" will stay this time. I added it as a reference. It is a slow process, but potential benefits are great.

Just want to make sure I'm not stepping on any toes.

I did a search on Wiki for "Picture Frame" and found that there is a page called that. So I added a "See Also" link on the PPFA Wiki to that page. Then I went to that page and saw that there was already a link back to the PPFA Wiki page on it, and wondered if there was a reason a link to that page from the PPFA Wiki was not put in at the same time. Maybe it was just so that someone else could do it (to add notability), but thought I'd mention it here just in case. IOW I won't be offended if it's removed.

Just want to make sure I'm not stepping on any toes.

I did a search on Wiki for "Picture Frame" and found that there is a page called that. So I added a "See Also" link on the PPFA Wiki to that page. Then I went to that page and saw that there was already a link back to the PPFA Wiki page on it, and wondered if there was a reason a link to that page from the PPFA Wiki was not put in at the same time. Maybe it was just so that someone else could do it (to add notability), but thought I'd mention it here just in case. IOW I won't be offended if it's removed.

Yes there is a reason. When the page was approved there was a banner "this page is an orphan". What that means, there was no incoming links to our page from the other wiki pages. I have placed many links to our page on relevant pages listed under "See Also" section. The more the better.

Wikipedia is a large maze of links. It is good to have as many from and to links.

Pages that link to "Professional Picture Framers Association"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:WhatLinksHere/Professional_Picture_Framers_Associatio

One more important editing tip. Wikipedia knows everything. They have very sophisticated tracking program.

There are two ways to edit:
1. Sign in- Register
2. From your IP aadress

If you are doing edits from your IP adress and you are registered, the program will match the two.
If someone else is editing from your computer, this will be matched as well.

Mira, I noticed you updated the following"

"The names of the certifications, spelled out or initialed, are all registered trademarks in the United States."

Since Wiki knows everything, and I couldn't find that "Master Certified Picture Framer" IS a registered trademark, I hadn't included it. It may well be registered, but a search on USTPO, [SIZE=-1]Basic Word Mark Search (New User) [/SIZE] doesn't return any results.

??

Mira, I noticed you updated the following"

"The names of the certifications, spelled out or initialed, are all registered trademarks in the United States."

Since Wiki knows everything, and I couldn't find that "Master Certified Picture Framer" IS a registered trademark, I hadn't included it. It may well be registered, but a search on USTPO, [SIZE=-1]Basic Word Mark Search (New User) [/SIZE] doesn't return any results.

??

That wasn't me or I lost track, but to my knowledge I never linked anything to registered trademark page.

References 9, 10 and 11 link to U.S. Patent Office and it looks like it is all registered and in order.

Mira, I added the links to the USTPO, but I had phrased the sentence differently. Now looking at the history there are a bunch of edits showing up by user "Dovid" (note the "o", not an "a").

Without spending hours trying to track it down I don't know who changed it or when (not that it really matter), but AFAIK the current statement is false.
The names of the certifications, spelled out or initialed, are all registered trademarks in the United States.
since "Master Certified Picture Framer" is not registered as far as I can tell. Maybe someone from Corporate can shed some light.

I suspect that "Dovid" missed the subtlety of the statement and was trying to make it read easier. I'm not sure the best way to change it so that it is both factual and easy to read...

Mira, I added the links to the USTPO, but I had phrased the sentence differently. Now looking at the history there are a bunch of edits showing up by user "Dovid" (note the "o", not an "a").

Without spending hours trying to track it down I don't know who changed it or when (not that it really matter), but AFAIK the current statement is false.

since "Master Certified Picture Framer" is not registered as far as I can tell. Maybe someone from Corporate can shed some light.

I suspect that "Dovid" missed the subtlety of the statement and was trying to make it read easier. I'm not sure the best way to change it so that it is both factual and easy to read...

This registered business is something I don't know anything about, perhaps someone more knowledgeable could help.

This is a sentence in question:

The names of the certifications, spelled out or initialed, are all registered trademarks in the United States.

These three references are at the end of the sentence.
-http://tsdr.uspto.gov/#caseNumber=75941099&caseType=SERIAL_NO&searchType=statusSearch[SUP]
-http://tsdr.uspto.gov/#caseNumber=75941052&caseType=SERIAL_NO&searchType=statusSearch
-http://tsdr.uspto.gov/#caseNumber=78250980&caseType=SERIAL_NO&searchType=statusSearch

[/SUP]

Back